11 Nov, 2014
And here is the update we promised:…
- NewTelnet protocol support (scanning of network devices running BusyBox via Telnet).
- NewDetection of virtual machines running under KVM.
- NewNew currencies in the currency list.
- NewMS SQL Server 2014 detection support and 64-bit versions designation.
- NewNew fields for MS Windows and MS Office: product name, description, and license status.
- ImprovedComputers with multiple network interfaces are distinguished more correctly (to avoid duplication).
- ImprovedAll instant search fields support search by phrase (space-separated words are searched in any order and on any positions).
- ImprovedGUI improvements in the “Edit –
14 Jul, 2014
Greetings! Today we roll out another significant update:
- NewVMware ESXi 5 and ESX/ESXi 4 scan support (via SSH).
- NewDetection of VMware virtual machines on Windows.
- NewNew types of physical devices (specific and generic hypervisors) and virtual machines.
- NewNo tags filter in Software accounting.
- ImprovedVisually redesigned user interface.
- ImprovedUpdated low-level hardware scan driver.
- ImprovedNew default settings for low-level hardware scan, for both maximum safety and accuracy of collected information.
ESX/ESXi supportWe were getting this question a lot, so we implemented the feature: meet the support for scanning of VMware ESX 4 and…
16 Jun, 2014
When you rescan an asset that has already been scanned in the past, you probably want to get the most up-to-date information. And you also want to see what exactly has changed. The latter used to be a rather tricky thing to do. But look!
- BIG FEATUREChange log.
How it worksA quick reminder: every time you scan an asset, TNI creates a new snapshot of it and puts it in your storage. In the View details tab you switch between snapshots using a date/time box next to the asset name:
In Options / Scanner you…
11 Jun, 2014
Hello! Today there’s a little update with stability fixes and improvements.…
- NewDetection of database servers (see “Databases” section): MS SQL Server (including edition), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, Firebird.
- NewPossibility to convert non-scanned assets to custom assets.
- NewDetection of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in the storage assistants and group summary.
- ImprovedConvenient license upgrade and renewal (in-program license selection and direct forwarding to the order process).
- ImprovedLinux agent: SMART information, RAID array disks information, CPU clock speed detection.
- ImprovedMac agent stability.
- FixedDashes instead of computer names in Software accounting.
03 Mar, 2014
We’re delighted to announce that Total Network Inventory 3 is available today. TNI 3 is a major update we’ve been working on for quite some time. It’s packed with great stuff.
- BIG FEATURESoftware Asset Management module.
- BIG FEATURENew hardware scanning technology: collected data is now far more detailed and more accurate.
- + lots of less noticeable improvements and bugfixes
Software Asset Manager (SAM)You may have heard a word or two from us about this one. We’ve brought the Software accounting feature in TNI to the whole new level. You won’t find anything like this in…
14 Feb, 2014
And so is the long-awaited release. We have the new and final date to announce.
TNI 3 comes March 3While there’s still some time, don’t miss out on our special offer! A reminder:
- Get TNI 2 now with a 25% discount.
- When TNI 3 is out, all our customers get it for free.
- Get the new SAM with a 50% discount.
- Full year of free updates.
There, now you have another good reason to wait for spring. Have a nice what’s-left-of-this-winter and we’ll see you in March!…