Hello, friends! Have you been missing us already? Get comfortable, today you’ll discover how to use the new functionality to significantly expand your inventory capabilities and help to make sure the order is kept. The long-awaited support for barcodes is here!
- BIG FEATUREBarcodes
If you’re already familiar with Common fields, you’ll find it easier to get into Barcodes. An unlimited number of barcodes can be assigned to a single device. Use the left column to select a type and name the barcode, then specify a value in the right column. Simple and easy!
Asset barcodes can also be added automatically, generated from a template. To set this up, just open Storage properties and create your own template, following the tips therein. Barcodes will be automatically generated for new devices after activating the appropriate setting:
Total Network Inventory 4.7.0 supports both linear and two-dimensional barcodes of the following types: QR, EAN-8, EAN-13, 2/5 Interleaved, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Datamatrix and PDF417.
Printing and exporting barcodes
For your convenience, we provide several ways to print and export barcodes:
- From Edit – Barcodes. Hover over the barcode’s value and click the arrow with the drop-down menu. This allows you to view the selected barcode and export it to PNG.
- Context menu option in the network tree allows to quickly export all barcodes for a group or selected asset to PNG.
- The Viewer and Reports tab allows not only to export but also to print barcodes or their values (select the Full or Brief printable report). Export to various formats is available.
All that’s left is to print the barcodes and sticker your office.
Searching for assets by barcode
As the main purpose of barcodes is to serve as an identifier for quickly finding various assets, we must learn how to do that in TNI. Here’s where you can switch between the barcode and regular search:
You can enter the barcode value manually or speed up the process by connecting an external hardware or software scanner.
When searching, assets can be either simply highlighted or immediately selected for processing in the network tree. You can select the preferred behavior in Settings – Barcodes. Here, you can also assign a hot key for quick search.
As usual, you can check the complete list of changes in the program itself:
Help – Check for Updates.
Looking forward to your feedback. Have a good weekend, and as always stay tuned for more updates!
Hello, friends. We wish to draw your attention to the recent Network Olympus update. In version 1.8.0, we’ve set out to optimize the interface and made some changes to the product licenses.
The first thing you’ll notice on launch is the new Sensors/Actions dash that combines the previously separate widgets and even expands on their functionality. The new “Success rate” column gives you access to the stats on your monitoring elements, and it’s easier to see and quickly access each relevant linked notification:
The licensing changes only affect entry-level licenses, including the free license. The store now offers licenses for 25 and 50 devices. This means the application becomes even more accessible for those who need to monitor a small number of devices. The free license is now limited to 10 devices, but as a positive we’ve also removed the restriction on the use of group sensors.
You can find a more detailed description and the list of changes in the full version of this post on the Network Olympus website. Install the update, enjoy the new features and let us know your feedback!
This post is meant to introduce you to the new version of Total Network Inventory and the first stage of improvements to the Software asset management module with the goal of making your work with license and software lists as easy, effective and straightforward as possible. As they say, “See it big, and keep it simple”.
The first thing you’ll notice is more free space. The License management mode has been moved to a separate tab, and all the filters you usually see on the left panel have been moved to the toolbar above the list of software and licenses. They can be added, combined or hidden as needed:
The full functionality is still at the ready, and the newly available space allows you to display more useful information on the screen.
The Licenses tab has acquired some new features. Licenses now have their own set of filters; you can also hide licenses and assign tags, just like you’re used to doing in the software list:
The second stage of improvements is already in development. In addition to continuing to update the interface, we plan to revise the report builder for the Software accounting and License modes.
One important new setting allows you to keep the agent when scanning a remote Windows asset. However by default, TNI will still delete the agent file after scanning via SMB. The “Do not delete the agent file after scanning” option will be useful for those users who want to reduce the traffic during scanning or speed up the process of rescanning network assets. To opt in, head to the scan settings.
- NewSoftware accounting and License management split into separate tabs.
- NewAbility to keep the Windows agent after scanning (to save traffic).
- NewFilters for the Licenses mode.
- NewTags for licenses.
- NewOption on the network map to restore the original size of an image.
- NewWelcome screen in the Licenses mode.
- NewError details displayed in case of issues with sending a test email.
- NewDisplaying relevant license keys when creating a license.
- ImprovedFilters in the Software accounting mode.
- ImprovedReworked context menu for the Software accounting and Licenses modes.
- ImprovedUpdating and rebuilding the software database.
- ImprovedMerging of assets in networks with duplicated workgroup/domain names.
- ImprovedNetwork map mode’s memory consumption was optimized.
- FixedResident agent’s ability to send scan results via SFTP, SMTP, SCP, HTTPS.
- Fixed“Pirate license” status.
- FixedLoss of connection when sending scan results via SMB.
- FixedScanning of specific Telnet devices.
- FixedNested action lists for assets on the network map.
- + Other fixes to the network tree interface, Software accounting and Licenses modes.
That’s all for today. Download TNI and try out the new features. Good luck!