Hello! Today is the day we unveil the long-awaited Total Network Inventory 4, featuring the new module that allows to create network maps!
The update is truly massive. While part of the TNI team was working to implement the most convenient and versatile network map editor, their colleagues continued to make improvements to the existing features. To be honest, the result exceeds even our own expectations.
- BIG FEATURENetwork Map!
- NewAsynchronous mode of scanning SNMP devices and other useful new features.
- ImprovedMany improvements.
- FixedHuge number of fixes!
This time, the full list of changes is so huge that it doesn’t fit on the screen. As always, you can find it in the TNI main menu (Help – Check for updates).
Universal tool for mapping your network
Starting today, a new section will become available to all users of the TNI Professional license: Network Map. This is a fully fledged editor that allows you to visualize the structure of network devices the way it’s convenient for you.
- Create as many maps as you need: a separate map for every office floor, the layout of the server room equipment, or a map showing all the company branches in various corners of the world. Every one of an unlimited number of maps can be configured individually.
- Add a multitude of objects: in addition to assets and groups, you can make use of all sorts of geometric primitives and images. Simply drag & drop assets from the network tree and add all the shapes you want. And by changing the color, style, and opacity of these shapes, you can get an infinite variety.
- Use the map to your best advantage: its size is not limited, so it will easily accommodate all of your devices and groups. By the way, you can place the same object on the map again and again (as shown on the screenshot).
- Feel free to experiment: create multilayered combinations of objects, shapes and images. You can rearrange the order of overlapping objects, choose their transparency, enable automatic alignment of objects, add labels to them, and much more.
- Don’t waste any time: while in the map mode, you can do a quick search for network devices or initiate their rescan or anything else you’d like.
- Use links to connect devices and groups: there are 6 types to choose from. You can choose a color and add a label for any link. Take a look:
Patched up and enhanced
We believe that TNI 4 is the most stable and reliable version of Total Network Inventory so far. Many vital program components were overhauled and improved, such as the way assets are imported, matched and merged, and the way that the data is stored, while a safeguard was implemented to make sure that a number of critical operations are correctly synchronized. Many more hours were dedicated to making improvements to the scanner, settings, AD sync, searching and filtering, software accounting module, and to the scanning of SNMP-enabled devices. This should significantly decrease the likelihood of encountering an error during your work with the program.
To conclude, we must allay any concerns that switching to the 4th version could require extra expenses. Every user will be able to receive this major version as a regular update, provided their maintenance period is still active.
Go ahead and test the new TNI features now. If your current license doesn’t allow to update to this version or access the new tab, you should contact us, and we’ll provide you with a temporary key for the TNI 4 Professional license.
Keep on keeping on, Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
Til next time.
That’s right, guys. Today we celebrate the release of Network Olympus. The strength test has shown that the product is ready to see the light of day! Thanks to your feedback, several bugs were fixed in the final version and the interface was improved.
To find out more about the Network Olympus features, visit our website or read the previous post. And now we’re going to tell you about the available licenses and discounts for owners of Softinventive products.
There are 3 types of licenses available:
- Trial mode. This mode is activated immediately after installation. There are no restrictions. The program provides full functionality for 60 days. You can try it out right now.
- Free license. Yes, that’s correct. A completely free Network Olympus license is available with no update restrictions or expiration dates. It’s activated automatically after a trial period. Using this license, you can add up to 50 devices and 100 sensors. We’re sure that many of you will find this offer attractive
- Commercial license. These licenses support from 100 to an Unlimited number of devices. Full functionality, including the ability to apply sensors to groups of devices. When making a purchase, you can choose the period of receiving updates: from 1 to 3 years. All commercial licenses are perpetual.
You can purchase a license right now, right here
If you already have a license for Total Network Monitor, or one for over 100 devices for Total Network Inventory or Total Software Deployment, then you can get a discount for Network Olympus. Please read the terms for obtaining discounts on this page. Your Olympus is waiting. Sign up!
Separately, we would like to thank each and every one who participated in the beta testing. Thanks to you, Network Olympus has become even better! As promised, all participants will receive a commercial license as a gift. The keys will be sent out from November 1 to 9.
That’s all for today. You can also read the full version of this post on the new site. We’ll be waiting for your feedback and suggestions. See you soon!
Hello, friends! A new version of Total Network Inventory has seen the light of day today. The main improvements are aimed at expanding the functionality for scanning network devices via the SNMP protocol. We’ve also made a number of fixes in the main functionality.
As is usual, we offer you the full list of changes and improvements:
- NewSignificantly increased number of fields collected via the SNMP protocol: from printers, UPSes, host resources.
- NewMIB file package containing more than 300 RFC specifications (for decrypting the SNMP tree in the full scan mode), and a mechanism for updating it.
- NewCollecting information about the Microsoft Edge browser version.
- ImprovedRedesigned SNMP scanning engine.
- ImprovedEven more information displayed about SNMP fields after the full scan.
- FixedSNMP scanner operation when scanning via the SNMPv3 protocol with authorization.
- FixedText in error messages when invalid SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c credentials were used.
- FixedError in the form for editing the SNMPv3 login.
- FixedMechanism for auto-picking common communities for scanning via SNMP.
- FixedScanner hanging in some cases.
- FixedScheduler: missed scans are now performed as expected after exiting sleep mode.
- FixedChanged the algorithm for checking for updates and sending results to the resident agent.
- FixedResident agent: disabled scan tasks are now skipped as expected.
- FixedAuto-import: problem saving the import data path.
- FixedError running the resident agent on an OS with Turkish localization.
- Fixed“Ends with” condition in Table reports now works correctly.
- FixedHints for storage assistants.
SNMP scanning has reached a whole new level. First off, new fields are available for reports on devices scanned via SNMP. For example, you can easily build a table report that shows the toner level in network printers or UPS battery status. And you won’t need to perform a full SNMP scan.
Changes have also affected the full scan via SNMP. The new version of the program already contains an updated MIB file package. This allows the system to decrypt many asset fields in the SNMP tree and display additional information as hints for fields on the Viewer & reports tab.
Please update and enjoy the new features.
But wait, there’s more. Coming very soon is another large-scale update that many of our users are waiting for. It’s a treat!
P.S. And don’t forget that we’re having a beta test of our new product Network Olympus. All active participants will receive a license as a gift.