Greetings! We’re releasing the first major update for Total Software Deployment! Gradually, we’re improving our software and making your wishes a reality. The key feature introduced in today’s update is the ability to deploy Microsoft Office products. But first things first. Let’s have a look at the full list of changes:
- BIG FEATUREFor Silent deployment of Microsoft Office 2013/2016: support for Office installers that use the Click-to-Run technology.
- NewFor the Silent method: the option to set the installer timeout to kill the process during the deployment or test run if incorrect parameters were specified.
- NewFor the Macro method: fixed installer timeout for killing the process after the playback of all recorded actions.
- FixedErrors in deployment log entries and in the deployment history in various scenarios.
- Some other fixes and improvements.
Now Total Software Deployment can silently deploy recent versions of Microsoft Office that use the Click-to-Run technology. This technology — an alternative to the traditional method of installation/update using MSI files — is used by Microsoft since Office 2013. To deploy a package using the Click-to-Run technology, you’ll need to add the Click-to-Run setup.exe to the Software storage and attach the Office distribution folder after ticking the multi-file option. After, simply follow the instructions on the information panel.
We’re looking forward to your feedback. Thanks to you, TSD can become better and better!
Greetings, friends! Today, we bring you another update of Total Network Monitor 2. We’ve implemented the long-awaited functionality to quickly move devices between groups and an easy way to copy monitors in the main window. Additionally, we’ve added the ability to check the contents of HTTPS resources and fixed some other flaws present in the previous versions. Let’s look at the list of changes:
- BIG FEATUREAbility to Drag & Drop monitors and devices.
- NewCopying monitors using Drag & Drop, including copying into device groups.
- NewMoving devices between groups using Drag & Drop.
- NewAltering the structure of groups using Drag & Drop.
- NewCutting, copying and pasting monitors via the context menu.
- NewMenu option to run Total Software Deployment.
- NewSupport for HTTPS links in HTTP sensor.
- ImprovedDevice information refresh in the Network tree.
- Improved“Show message” action.
- ImprovedRunning TNM as a service.
- ImprovedRendering of the monitor list and of the Network tree when refreshing.
- ImprovedNew program icon and new graphics in the installer.
- ImprovedNew image in exported HTML logs.
- Fixed“Insert macro” button when setting up an action.
- FixedCounter errors on stopped monitors.
- FixedCrash when removing black monitors for most Internet sensor types.
- FixedEncoding for the “Send email” action.
- FixedSeveral option items.
- FixedCrash when working with a large number of monitors.
Not too long ago, when Total Network Monitor 2 was still at the stage of open beta testing and you sent in feedback to help us improve the functionality and usability of the program, the one request we received most often was for Drag & Drop functionality, which has now been implemented! The Project Editor is no longer needed: now it’s all quick and intuitive. Copying monitors and moving devices between groups in the Network tree is done using Drag & Drop, while moving monitors is available from the context menu. It’s easy! Update the program and try it out for yourself.
We hope you enjoyed the news. See you soon!
Great news! TNM 2 release is still fresh, but we’ve already got another treat for you. And this time it’s not just a new version, but a proper release of a brand new tool for remote software deployment in local networks: Total Software Deployment!
What can Total Software Deployment do?
To start, TSD offers a simple and intuitive network scanner, borrowed from well-proven Total Network Inventory. It allows to quickly scan all MS Windows computers in the network to be able to start deploying to them. TNI users don’t have to bother with scanning and may simply use their TNI Network storage with TSD.
Add any installer to TSD – it will be automatically stored in the Software storage. Then create a deployment scenario and select the computers to deploy to. All that remains is to press Start deployment. Created scenarios are also saved in the Software storage for future use.
The program can create deployment scenarios for any kind of installer, be it MSI or EXE from a third-party developer.
Versatility is what sets Total Software Deployment apart from other similar products! TSD offers three deployment methods, which can be used for creating deployment scenarios in different situations:
To ensure correct operation of the newly created scenario, you’ll be able to test it locally before deploying to selected computers.
You’ll ask: “How do I know which version is this or that program on a remote computer and does it require an update?”
Total Software Deployment will help you keep your software up to date by automatically scanning your network computers and building a software inventory report. You’ll see which programs are installed on each computer, discovering outdated installations at a glance.
And most importantly: remote deployment does not distract remote users from their work!
By purchasing Total Software Deployment you’re getting a lifetime license and free technical support. All types of licenses are already available from our store.
Receive Total Software Deployment free of charge
During a successful beta test, discovered faults were fixed, and task lists were filled with new ideas for future implementation. As promised, all users who actively participated in beta testing by submitting bug reports or feature suggestions, will receive a free license for 25 computers. We’ll send out the free licenses next week. If you actively participated in the beta testing program, but haven’t received your license within a week, please drop us an email.
And don’t forget about the Send Feedback button. Your feedbacks and bug reports made this release possible. Please continue sending them in, so that TSD becomes even better!