Donald Grizzly here with a new TNI update.
Spring has come!
Mother Nature wakes from her dream.
We? We never fell asleep in the first place!
- NewExport of table reports to XLSX format (Excel 2007 and newer).
- ImprovedRedesigned version history window.
- FixedSome issues with HTML export.
- FixedIn Software accounting: unlicensed installations were not included in total balance.
- FixedIn Software accounting: duplicate license keys appeared under certain conditions.
- FixedSome issues with custom fields.
- FixedExport of table reports with more than 10 columns.
- Some other minor fixes and improvements.
Export of tables to Excel
Go to Table reports tab, build a table and click Export » Export to XLSX file. For now, this feature is basic and rather simple, but it will soon get better and more sophisticated. Your feedback is, as always, highly appreciated.
A-a-a-a-a-and we’re back!
Today, to celebrate some pure love and true feelings, we’re releasing TNI 2.0.4 (1241).
Take a look:
- NewImport of inventory files and whole folders by drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer.
- New“Fit columns” option for printable table reports.
- New“Clone asset” command for manually added assets.
- NewPrices are now stored with currency indication; 20+ world currencies to choose from.
- NewNew custom asset types: Projector, UPS, Printer cartridge.
- New“Manufacturer by MAC” field in table reports.
- ImprovedStorage skips SVN folders.
- Fixed“Multicore” field in processors.
- FixedProduct keys for Project 2010 and Visio 2010 are now collected.
- FixedLinux agent: scan issues on non-English systems.
- P.S.As of today, the trial period for TNI 2 is officially increased from 30 to 60 days. Just to show how much we you.
Drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer
You can now drag inventory files along with folder structure right into the network tree.
Fit columns in printable table reports
Whenever you build a table report that’s just a little bit too wide for the page, choose Fit columns from the scale menu. The table will be shrunk down to be the exact same width as the currently selected page format.
We want to wish all you IT guys and IT ladies out there to be loved and cared for!
We’ve got a lot of plans for this year. For now, enjoy your updated TNI, and we’ll see you next time.
We’ve been working on new features, fixing bugs and polishing user experience for quite some time now. And we figured we’d release a fancy something at the end of the year.
- NewManufacturer names and MAC addresses are displayed during the network scan.
- ImprovedMany interface improvements.
- ImprovedThe online status monitor now updates dynamic IPs.
- ImprovedScan tasks are matched to assets considering MAC address (if available).
- ImprovedDestination folder cannot be changed for existing assets during rescan.
- Improved“Skip existing assets” option does not skip non-scanned assets anymore.
- FixedSome issues with detection of the license limitation exceeding.
- FixedIssues with erroneous merging of some assets.
- FixedSome errors in the Linux agent.
- And a few more tiny, pretty changes.
Manufacturer names in scanner tasks
This feature’s coolness is difficult to overestimate. You get this as soon as you type the range into Quick Add and expand it. All these devices were never scanned, but you can already tell which of them is a network device, a Mac or a virtual machine. Manufacturer name sure indicates a lot, doesn’t it?
Also check out the Scanner options page. From there you can change the way manufacturers and MAC-addresses are displayed.
Worth a note: the feature only works if ARP ping is enabled in Options (which is true by default) and only for targets from the current subnet.
Best wishes to you from the Softinventive Lab team. May you have an unforgettable holiday season!
We’ll meet again in the year 2012.