Hello, friends! A new version of Total Network Inventory has seen the light of day today. The main improvements are aimed at expanding the functionality for scanning network devices via the SNMP protocol. We’ve also made a number of fixes in the main functionality.
As is usual, we offer you the full list of changes and improvements:
- NewSignificantly increased number of fields collected via the SNMP protocol: from printers, UPSes, host resources.
- NewMIB file package containing more than 300 RFC specifications (for decrypting the SNMP tree in the full scan mode), and a mechanism for updating it.
- NewCollecting information about the Microsoft Edge browser version.
- ImprovedRedesigned SNMP scanning engine.
- ImprovedEven more information displayed about SNMP fields after the full scan.
- FixedSNMP scanner operation when scanning via the SNMPv3 protocol with authorization.
- FixedText in error messages when invalid SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c credentials were used.
- FixedError in the form for editing the SNMPv3 login.
- FixedMechanism for auto-picking common communities for scanning via SNMP.
- FixedScanner hanging in some cases.
- FixedScheduler: missed scans are now performed as expected after exiting sleep mode.
- FixedChanged the algorithm for checking for updates and sending results to the resident agent.
- FixedResident agent: disabled scan tasks are now skipped as expected.
- FixedAuto-import: problem saving the import data path.
- FixedError running the resident agent on an OS with Turkish localization.
- Fixed“Ends with” condition in Table reports now works correctly.
- FixedHints for storage assistants.
SNMP scanning has reached a whole new level. First off, new fields are available for reports on devices scanned via SNMP. For example, you can easily build a table report that shows the toner level in network printers or UPS battery status. And you won’t need to perform a full SNMP scan.
Changes have also affected the full scan via SNMP. The new version of the program already contains an updated MIB file package. This allows the system to decrypt many asset fields in the SNMP tree and display additional information as hints for fields on the Viewer & reports tab.
Please update and enjoy the new features.
But wait, there’s more. Coming very soon is another large-scale update that many of our users are waiting for. It’s a treat!
P.S. And don’t forget that we’re having a beta test of our new product Network Olympus. All active participants will receive a license as a gift.
Dear friends, today is a joyous day for everyone in Softinventive Lab! We used all the monumental experience and knowledge we’ve accumulated over 10 years, thought long and hard, argued, developed plans and finally created a completely new product for you, system administrators. This is our vision of what an ideal administration tool should be.
Network Olympus. What should a first-class product for sysadmins be?
The idea of creating Network Olympus didn’t come to us overnight. All the experience we’ve gained while working on Total Network Inventory, Total Software Deployment and Total Network Monitor has led us to desire to create a more flexible, versatile, all-in-one product. It’s designed to combine all our previously developed features in one project with a convenient web interface.
Network Olympus is being created under the slogan: “Simplicity and efficiency”. You don’t need to grapple with the program for long hours and days, watch training videos and talk for hours with the support team. A simple, intuitive, straightforward interface lets you quickly become familiar with all the available features. You can see for yourself today.
Network Olympus: Monitoring
Control over the operation of key elements of the corporate network is one of the top priorities for a system administrator. For the most effective solution of such problems we have created a monitoring module.
The market is full of very good and powerful monitoring products, but we’re not just making another one of them. We strive to create something special:
Are you looking to create your own custom logic for sensors and actions? Welcome to the scenario builder, the centerpiece of Network Olympus: Monitoring! It is here where you can create various logic chains, as well as connect checks, actions and notifications with each other. Does it take much effort to do this? Not at all!
Creating scenarios doesn’t actually require writing scripts. All logic chains are visualized and can be altered at any moment in just a few clicks. Unleash your imagination and automate the problem solving in your corporate network. Network Olympus will itself restart the service or server, launch the desired application, or simply remind you of a friend’s birthday and send congratulations by e-mail. The possibilities are truly limitless!
All the stats for each check, action and notification are collected with precision by the program and stored in the activity log. At your service is a detailed history of events, all kinds of filters and the ability to manage sensors directly from the log.
For easiest perception, all devices and connections between them can be promptly displayed on the network map.
Comfort and clarity in everything
- Easy deployment: everything you need to get started right away is already in the installer. You will immediately get access to the full functionality of Network Olympus: Monitoring after the installation is complete.
- Ease of use: end-to-end navigation, panels customizable for your needs, rapid transitions and the ability to edit any elements you’ve created from anywhere and at any time.
- Web interface: gain access to the program from any stationary or mobile devices wherever you are!
Take part in beta testing and receive gifts!
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Everyone who actively participates in the beta testing is guaranteed a gift in the form of a free license!
Your mountain is waiting, so be on your way and soar to new heights! Try the beta version of Network Olympus: Monitoring right now:
Dear readers, are you ready for Friday? July is coming to a close, and that means it’s almost time to celebrate System Administrator Day! The holiday is on July the 27th.
We’d like to sincerely congratulate all admins on this wonderful day! You are the true heroes, quietly preserving the peace and order in corporate networks. May the force be with you!
We highly value what you do and hope that our products make your work a bit more pleasant. Therefore, once again, we are lowering the prices for all our licenses until August 3:
The discount is applied automatically when you order from our site.
And what is a holiday without gifts?! Starting July 23 and during the next 5 days, we’ll be handing out Total Network Inventory and Total Software Deployment licenses for 25 devices to anyone interested.
To receive your license, send us an email!
Offer ended on August 3
TNI & TSD 25 node licenses
FREE until July 28