Dear friends, today is a joyous day for everyone in Softinventive Lab! We used all the monumental experience and knowledge we’ve accumulated over 10 years, thought long and hard, argued, developed plans and finally created a completely new product for you, system administrators. This is our vision of what an ideal administration tool should be.
Network Olympus. What should a first-class product for sysadmins be?
The idea of creating Network Olympus didn’t come to us overnight. All the experience we’ve gained while working on Total Network Inventory, Total Software Deployment and Total Network Monitor has led us to desire to create a more flexible, versatile, all-in-one product. It’s designed to combine all our previously developed features in one project with a convenient web interface.
Network Olympus is being created under the slogan: “Simplicity and efficiency”. You don’t need to grapple with the program for long hours and days, watch training videos and talk for hours with the support team. A simple, intuitive, straightforward interface lets you quickly become familiar with all the available features. You can see for yourself today.
Network Olympus: Monitoring
Control over the operation of key elements of the corporate network is one of the top priorities for a system administrator. For the most effective solution of such problems we have created a monitoring module.
The market is full of very good and powerful monitoring products, but we’re not just making another one of them. We strive to create something special:
Are you looking to create your own custom logic for sensors and actions? Welcome to the scenario builder, the centerpiece of Network Olympus: Monitoring! It is here where you can create various logic chains, as well as connect checks, actions and notifications with each other. Does it take much effort to do this? Not at all!
Creating scenarios doesn’t actually require writing scripts. All logic chains are visualized and can be altered at any moment in just a few clicks. Unleash your imagination and automate the problem solving in your corporate network. Network Olympus will itself restart the service or server, launch the desired application, or simply remind you of a friend’s birthday and send congratulations by e-mail. The possibilities are truly limitless!
All the stats for each check, action and notification are collected with precision by the program and stored in the activity log. At your service is a detailed history of events, all kinds of filters and the ability to manage sensors directly from the log.
For easiest perception, all devices and connections between them can be promptly displayed on the network map.
Comfort and clarity in everything
- Easy deployment: everything you need to get started right away is already in the installer. You will immediately get access to the full functionality of Network Olympus: Monitoring after the installation is complete.
- Ease of use: end-to-end navigation, panels customizable for your needs, rapid transitions and the ability to edit any elements you’ve created from anywhere and at any time.
- Web interface: gain access to the program from any stationary or mobile devices wherever you are!
Take part in beta testing and receive gifts!
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Everyone who actively participates in the beta testing is guaranteed a gift in the form of a free license!
Your mountain is waiting, so be on your way and soar to new heights! Try the beta version of Network Olympus: Monitoring right now:
Dear readers, are you ready for Friday? July is coming to a close, and that means it’s almost time to celebrate System Administrator Day! The holiday is on July the 27th.
We’d like to sincerely congratulate all admins on this wonderful day! You are the true heroes, quietly preserving the peace and order in corporate networks. May the force be with you!
We highly value what you do and hope that our products make your work a bit more pleasant. Therefore, once again, we are lowering the prices for all our licenses until August 3:
The discount is applied automatically when you order from our site.
And what is a holiday without gifts?! Starting July 23 and during the next 5 days, we’ll be handing out Total Network Inventory and Total Software Deployment licenses for 25 devices to anyone interested.
To receive your license, send us an email!
Offer ended on August 3
TNI & TSD 25 node licenses
FREE until July 28
Hello to all! We’ve put a lot of time and effort into improving the scanning mechanism, the Windows agent and many other program components. This time we’ve also paid special attention to improvements requested by our users.
Please bid welcome to version 3.6.0!
The TNI scanner underwent an in-depth tuning and refinement. We’ve completely rewritten the internal scanning mechanism: increased the stability of the whole process, expanded the network discovery mechanisms and significantly raised the scanning speed for medium and large networks. How events in the scanner are logged and how it interacts with Active Directory have been improved as well, with many other positive changes that will speed up the scanning process and make it more thorough and reliable.
Scheduled scans will no longer be delayed because the scanner is busy with the previous task. They will start in the background exactly when you’ve planned!
Enhanced Windows agent
We’ve added more features to the Windows agent. Yes, we mean tniwinagent.exe that’s used when scanning remote computers from the Scanner tab and can also be run manually to scan the computer. You may also be using this file as an automated resident agent. So what we’ve done for this new agent version is updated its own scanner, added more fields to be collected and improved the interaction with the SMB protocol. Lastly, now it supports the new FTP/FTPS and SFTP/SCP protocols. All this was done to obtain as complete and reliable information about Windows systems as possible.
You asked, we delivered
In each update we try to pay special attention to fixes and improvements based on your feedback and requests. In Total Network Inventory 3.6.0, these changes have affected many parts of the program: interface, reports, temporary files, compatibility with Total Software Deployment, other elements have been corrected and improved thanks to you! In addition, we’ve finally solved a number of issues that may arise when corrupted files are present in the storage and, by optimizing internal processes, heavily improved the stability of the application as a whole.
After these changes, TNI becomes considerably faster and even more stable.
Here is the full list of changes:
- NewSilent installation/uninstallation mode in the resident agent.
- NewAbility to update the resident agent via FTP/FTPS and SFTP/SCP, as well as via SMB with authorization.
- NewSupport for file sending via SFTP/SCP after the resident agent performs a scan.
- NewCollection of information from the SystemSKUNumber field.
- New“Device name” field when exporting the Change log contents in the CSV format.
- NewTelnet and ESXi agent versions displayed on the About screen.
- ImprovedInternal scanning engine was totally reworked, resulting in better scanning stability and increased reliability of network device discovery.
- ImprovedScan scheduler now runs in the background, independently of the Scanner tab.
- ImprovedAuxiliary modules for working with SSH and SSL/TLS were integrated into the Windows agent.
- ImprovedSending files via FTP by the resident agent: TLS is always used if supported by the server (explicit mode), and for the implicit mode, specify “ftps: //” in the URL (also applies to updating via FTP).
- ImprovedAbility to create screenshots when scanning various types of devices that have a web interface.
- ImprovedInformation refresh when filtering the network tree.
- ImprovedDevice type selection lists now have a common look.
- ImprovedСompatibility with the network storage in TSD. Also more information is now collected for the software uninstallation module.
- ImprovedScanner operation logging system was expanded.
- FixedObtaining information about Windows Firewall and Windows Updates.
- FixedChecking for files when the resident agent is auto-updating.
- FixedProgram operation when the temporary folder is not found.
- FixedMissing option to delete logins in Edit – Logins.
- FixedProgram doesn’t restart after it’s closed when the license key is submitted.
- FixedRounding of the prices in custom fields.
- FixedUndefined device status after scanning.
- FixedRendering issues when deleting scan tasks.
- FixedIncorrect rendering of the storage selection window on the Windows classic theme.
- FixedPCI devices with the 0xFF class not being detected when scanning ESXi systems.
- FixedCertain unexpected program shutdowns, as well as the issues when working with corrupted files in the storage, were corrected. Overall stability of the program was increased.
PS: Our team is now working on creating a network map feature and improving the scanning of SNMP devices. Stay tuned for more updates!