Hello dear friends!
Today we have prepared an update that is especially necessary for those who use Total Network Inventory frequently and with many devices. Regular scanning of computers using pre-installed resident agents has now become much easier, more convenient and efficient.
Advantages of scanning with resident agents
- Scanning offline. The resident agent scans a computer on a schedule, regardless of whether it is connected to the network or not.
- Reduced network load. All scanning operations take place locally, and only scan results are transmitted as small files.
- Reduced load on the main TNI module. Less memory
On December 10, a critical vulnerability was discovered in the Log4j component from the Apache Software Foundation, rated at a maximum of 10 on the CVSS scale.
The Log4j component (also known as Log4Shell and LogJam) is a Java-based logging package used by developers to log errors. At the moment, it is already known that the CVE-2021-44228 vulnerability affected a large number of software, including some services of the largest tech companies such as Amazon, Apple, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, Steam and IBM. The Dutch Cybersecurity Center has created a regularly updated doc on GitHub listing the affected applications.
Are computers on your network ready for the new Windows 11?
Come, on October 5, 2021, Microsoft is releasing their new operating system, which may not be suitable for for all of your computers.
Workstations must meet these requirements:
- 1 (GHz) on a compatible 64-bit processor;
- At least 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage;
- UEFI and secure boot compatible;
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0;
- DirectX 12 compatible graphics card.
In this TNI update, we have prepared a special report named “Windows 11 Ready”, which will quickly get you …
It’s the final Friday of July and many of us are dreaming of the coming weekend, but it also means it’s our common holiday: System Administrator Appreciation Day!
Once again we at Softinventive Lab congratulate you on this wonderful day! You are the real heroes, unflinchingly protecting peace and order in computer networks.
We are doing our best so that our products will save your time and make your valuable work easier to do.
But what kind of holiday would it be without presents? Starting Friday the 30th and during the next 7 days, we’ll be handing …