Another year, another SAAD! System administrators and all IT people, you are awesome, and we salute you!
And let this become a good tradition of ours: if you visit our Purchase page, you’ll find that the prices are lower than usual!
Offer ended on August 14th
TNI 3 Professional 25 nodes license
on July 31st, the SAAD’15!
Long time no see! From the side it might even seem that we lounged for the past 4 months. But of course not, in fact, everything was much more interesting. We paid a huge amount of time to optimize and improve the stability of Total Network Inventory. During these 4 months, we have released seven builds, and as you may have noticed, the latest version is already 3.1.6.
Let’s see what changes we’ve made during this time:
- NewChange log: ability to choose the history depth and select specific objects for log building (major speed-up).
- NewSoftware accounting: ability to enter custom license keys instead of automatically scanned keys.
- NewAbility to attach files to feedbacks sent from within the program (via open file dialog, drag-n-drop files from Explorer, drag-n-drop assets from network tree, attachment of special files: program settings and software database).
- NewSupport for fractional prices (custom fields, licenses, etc.) with up to 4 decimal digits.
- NewAbility to unassign users from assets in Edit – Users.
- NewCurrent user account and full name in the network tree display menu (requires a rescan).
- NewCurrent user information in table reports (requires a rescan).
- NewNumber of rows in report is displayed in Table reports.
- NewCollection of WiFi networks (WLANs) that the computer has ever connected to.
- NewCollection of currently available WiFi networks (WLANs) for Windows PCs.
- NewOption to enable/disable full SNMP scan.
- NewAutomatic download of unavailable MIB files imported by the files that you open.
- NewSoftware accounting: “With tags” filter.
- ImprovedIt’s now impossible to accidentally overwrite a custom field with different values for multiple assets (a confirmation is requested).
- ImprovedWindows agent supports Windows 2000 again.
- ImprovedOutput of assigned user and current user in General information.
- ImprovedSoftware tracking assistant now shows more distinguishable icons: green for must-have, red for forbidden, and blue for all.
- ImprovedChange log: DB servers and virtual machines are now tracked.
- ImprovedOUI database updated (manufacturers by MAC addresses).
- ImprovedSoftware accounting: handling of assigned licenses during software merging.
- ImprovedNegative conditions in table reports now work with multiline cells.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in SAM.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in scanning via SNMP.
- FixedUSB devices history on Windows 8.
- FixedStandard action Wake-on-LAN now works correctly (no support for waking of computers in other subnets yet).
- FixedIncorrect merging of Windows computers with VMware Workstation or Player installed.
- FixedIncorrect removal of tniwinagent.exe.
- FixedConditions on asset fields “Memory” and “HDD capacity” in table reports.
In addition, soon we are planning to reveal two other very interesting projects we’ve been working on.
The first one is well known – Total Network Monitor. The development of this program was suspended in 2010, but we finally decided to bring it back to life.
The second project has been in development for a long time and this is something new! It will be a surprise aimed to make your work easier and more enjoyable.
Soon we will fill you with more details and start the public beta testing of both these tools.
Hope you enjoy these news, stay tuned!
Hello! Another interesting update has been released:
- BIG FEATUREFull SNMP scan with possibility to load vendor MIB files.
- NewList of all USB devices that have ever been connected to Windows computers.
- NewInventory number and serial number in brief printable report for General information.
- ImprovedESXi and FreeBSD agents updated.
- FixedMS Office 2013 product keys detection (KMS and Click-to-Run).
Full SNMP scan
Previously Total Network Inventory was able to collect only a small subset of information from devices with SNMP support. Now it’s in the past. Full SNMP scan will provide you with all available information. Moreover, you can load your equipment vendor’s MIB files and all unknown fields will get meaningful names.
You often ask us – is it possible to track the toner level on a network printer? Yes! Now it is possible!
List of all USB devices
Recently we have added the Change log, so that you could track a loss of a memory module or an unauthorized hard drive replacement. However, what can be done to the unallowed use of USB devices between scans? Cause we don’t monitor all computers constantly after all. But we have found a solution! It’s the list of all USB devices that have ever been connected to computers with Microsoft Windows. This list is stored in the registry and it can’t be modified without system rights, and TNI have learned how to read it. Now you will be able to see whether someone used a flash drive or other USB device.
And as always, till next time!