TNI 5.1: Automatic recognition of popular software
Here comes another update! This time, it’s an improvement to the software accounting module.
- BIG FEATUREAutomatic recognition of popular software
We love to see good things happens on their own. The new version of Total Network Inventory has one more feature that delivers just that. The in-house database of popular software will make your work with the list of programs installed on network computers even more comfortable. TNI will assign icons to programs and determine software category and type, and that means less manual work. AutoMagical!
The software list is shorter, cleaner, prettier.
Change log export
In this section, we’ve added another export format, HTML. It’s much more visually compelling than TXT or CSV, do you agree?
Here are the rest of the changes:
- AddedScanning support for macOS on Apple M1 chip.
- AddedAbility to schedule tasks to run after the storage loads.
- AddedSAM: Automatic database recovery if corrupted.
- AddedSeveral presets for data transfer via SMB.
- AddedMAC addresses can now be included in barcodes and inventory numbers.
- AddedDetailed logging for synchronization with AD and import operations.
- ImprovedBuilding of table reports on schedule.
- ImprovedAsset import system.
- ImprovedLayout of Viewer & reports.
- ImprovedResident agent: Loading agent settings and handling errors.
- FixedSAM: Re-assigning licenses and keys when software items are updated.
- FixedAbility to use the underscore character in network names.
- FixedIssues stopping the resident agent.
- FixedLayout of Table report templates.
- + Many other fixes and improvements.
That’s all for today. The next update is already in the works, stay tuned!