16 Jun, 2014
When you rescan an asset that has already been scanned in the past, you probably want to get the most up-to-date information. And you also want to see what exactly has changed. The latter used to be a rather tricky thing to do. But look!
- BIG FEATUREChange log.
How it worksA quick reminder: every time you scan an asset, TNI creates a new snapshot of it and puts it in your storage. In the View details tab you switch between snapshots using a date/time box next to the asset name:
In Options / Scanner you…
03 Mar, 2014
We’re delighted to announce that Total Network Inventory 3 is available today. TNI 3 is a major update we’ve been working on for quite some time. It’s packed with great stuff.
- BIG FEATURESoftware Asset Management module.
- BIG FEATURENew hardware scanning technology: collected data is now far more detailed and more accurate.
- + lots of less noticeable improvements and bugfixes
Software Asset Manager (SAM)You may have heard a word or two from us about this one. We’ve brought the Software accounting feature in TNI to the whole new level. You won’t find anything like this in…
24 Jun, 2013
Today we’re back with new TNI 2 update. And it’s all about ACTION! Or, rather, actions: things you can now do remotely to computers in your network right from TNI. But before we jump in, as always, here’s the change-list:
- BIG FEATUREStandard and custom actions.
- NewDetection of CentOS and SliTaz Linux distributions:
- FixedFreezing of the scan process in some cases.
- FixedName resolving for assets with dynamic IPs.
Introducing actionsThere are a few Standard actions that TNI performs directly (Reboot, Power-off and Wake-on-LAN) as well as Custom actions, where…
27 Mar, 2013
Greetings! The change list is short this time, but check it out:The “list” kind of looks like a cigarette, but remember: smoking kills… Yeah, I’d rather tell you all about the new Big Feature.
- BIG FEATUREScan scheduler
Creating and scheduling a task listYes, the Scheduler operates on saved task lists. To create these, you first add some tasks to the scanner, set them up (i.e. discover nodes within ranges, enter logins and passwords, etc) and then you click Save current tasks button on the sidebar. The result is what you see in the figure here. Each…
04 Dec, 2012
Hello! Donald here with a great TNI update for you. So many things to tell you about. First, there’s this:
Then, there’s also this:…
- BIG FEATURENew Nmap-powered network discovery and port scan engine
- NewIndication of open ports for each asset in the Scanner and in the network tree (with the help of new assistant).
- NewA screenshot of the web-interface is stored and displayed if a device with scan error has port 80 open.
- NewOS and device type detection for devices with scan errors.
- ImprovedOnline status detection reliability.
- ImprovedIP ranges and networks discovery speed.
Then, there’s also this:
18 May, 2012
- New Portuguese locale.
- NewStatus bar indicators for scanned/failed/custom assets and license usage.
- NewNew Software installations report in Software accounting.
- NewNew storage assistants: OS architecture (requires rescan) and Asset kind (scanned, failed or custom).
- NewOption to switch between relative or absolute dates in reports.
- NewPossibility to use custom date format in reports.
- NewXen virtual type and fixes for Linuxes running under Xen.
- New64-bit scanner for Linux.
- NewOnline asset field in table reports.
- NewName field for keyboards and pointing devices in table reports.
- NewAdditional time zone details (DST details).