TNI 2.2.1 (1448): Asynchronous Discovery Engine
- NewNew fast network discovery engine — Asynchronous engine. Discovers online hosts in /24 subnet (254 addresses) in just one second.
- NewPossibility to choose from three network engines (asynchronous, Nmap and classic) for online status detection and network discovery, and two network engines (Nmap and classic) for port scanning.
- NewPossibility to run TCP-ping (skip ICMP and ARP ping and scan ports immediately) to discover assets that don’t respond to ping.
- NewPossibility to use last known IP address for assets with dynamic IP addresses and non-resolvable names (Samba environments and other).
- NewPossibility to specify custom SSH port.
- NewNon-scanned assets which are detected to be online or at least exist on the network (i.e. name or IP can be resolved) are added to the inventory database even if MAC address is not known.
- NewDNS-based name resolving in domain environments.
- ImprovedScanner settings were revised and are now more intuitive and flexible.
- ImprovedEasier scan of SNMP-enabled devices: the program can probe most commonly used SNMP communities besides “public” and run successful scan of such device if one of them is used.
- ImprovedRPC method of scan for Windows computers is disabled by default for new installations, and is recommended to be disabled for existing installations.
- ImprovedAll non-Windows agents updated. Improved stability and compatibility.
- FixedCPU usage issues with online status detection and Nmap engine.
- + minor fixes & improvements
The Asynchronous Engine
Just like Nmap, the asynchronous engine can detect online hosts on the local subnet which don’t respond to ICMP ping (due to Windows firewall settings: it is the default behaviour for freshly installed desktop Windows systems). Classic engine can also do that, but it takes too long because ARP ping on latest Windows versions is slow.
And now, as you may have noticed from the first changelist item, local discovery is almost instantaneous. It takes a mere second.
New in Scanner Settings
This page of settings used to be a little cluttered. We’ve removed the scanning profile settings and made things more friendly. Be sure to notice this part:
The download link is the same, no surprizes. And that’s it for the day. Bye!