Update: TNI 2.0.1 (1074)
- New Import folder command that goes into subfolders and can create groups in storage to match the imported folder structure.
- New Automatic import feature: pull data on startup or on timer.
- New Logon script helper tool.
- New ESX/xSphere detection (no scanning yet, but it is to come).
- ImprovedMulti-asset report in Details tab can now be built by choosing a group.
- ImprovedWindows agent got /overwrite parameter to prevent generating lots of copies.
- ImprovedPasswords are now impossible to reveal in editors.
- ImprovedIn software accounting, auto-scanned licenses with 0 copies can now be deleted.
- FixedSMB errors when scanning some computers and servers.
- FixedImport of new snapshots for existing assets is not affected by license limitations anymore.
- FixedPrinters on Mac OS X.
Logon script toolWe’ve reintroduced the tool for setting up logon script scanning of your network. Customers who have been with us since TNI 1.6.8 remember this function as an option available from the late Scan wizard. Now it resides in the Options window, appropriately entitled Logon script. It became cleaner and a little bit smarter.
Automatic importAnother come-back is the Automatic import feature. It is now capable of importing files from sub-folders along with folder structure itself, pulling data at startup or on timer, etc. And it’s twice as useful in combination with logon script scanning.
Selecting assets in a folder
One little GUI improvement a lot of you requested is this: now you can simply click a group in Details tab to build a report on all of the assets inside without having to enable multiple selection mode. You can still build a group summary if you need it by choosing the corresponding category from the sidebar.
Right now we’re working hard to ensure the new version is rock-solid and nimble. Please, keep the feedback coming and look forward to updates. Some cool stuff is to come once we’re through the post-release routine.