TNI 3.5.0: ESXi scanner improvements
Greetings to everyone who reads the Softinventive blog and wishes to receive first-hand information about our software’s new features!
Today, the Total Network Inventory team introduces a major update, TNI version 3.5.0. This update significantly expands the functionality concerning ESXi virtual servers. And as you can see, much has been reworked and improved:
- NewObtaining information about services on the ESXi server.
- NewObtaining firewall information from the ESXi server (ESXi version 5+).
- NewObtaining software information from the ESXi server (ESXi version 6.5+).
- NewObtaining information about licenses from the ESXi server.
- NewGrouping ESXi server devices by PCI class.
- NewObtaining information about the ESXi server’s serial number.
- NewESXi agent version that was used to perfrom the scan can be displayed in a report.
- NewObtaining information about the manufacturer, model and serial number of routers when scanning via SNMP.
- ImprovedESXi server scan engine reworked.
- ImprovedAsset pinger operation.
- ImprovedSystem error logging engine.
- FixedObtaining information about the Network File System type on the ESXi server.
- FixedObtaining information about ESXi server’s processors.
- FixedObtaining and updating the Hostname field when scanning the ESXi server.
- FixedObtaining information about the size of repositories on the ESXi server.
- FixedMethods of using the PingerLib and ADLib libraries changed.
- FixedPinging methodology when changing the “Handling of dynamic IP addresses” setting.
- FixedDisplay of information about unscanned assets.
- FixedUpdating of ESXi server hostnames after rescanning.
- + Many small improvements in ESXi and SNMP scanners.
Let’s review in a bit more detail.
The data collection and analysis engine has been redesigned and substantially improved as a result. TNI 3.5.0 is fully compatible with the latest versions of ESXi server. ESXi 4, 5, 6, 6.5 are officially supported. The collected dataset was also heavily expanded: now you can get information about the installed hardware and software, firewall, services, serial number, ESXi licenses and other miscellanea that will give you a complete picture of the scanned ESXi server.
We have thoroughly tested all kinds of configurations and can say with confidence that the chance of obtaining the information from an ESXi server is now almost 100%!
We would also like to mention another important change, namely the SNMP scanner upgrade. Now the information about the manufacturer, model and serial number of most devices can be collected without the need to enable the full SNMP scan in the program settings.
And so I bring this blog post to a close.
Until the next one!