17 Jul, 2017
TNI 3.4.5: Active Directory Synchronization Functionality
Hello to all! The latest update for Total Network Inventory 3 is out. As we promised, it’s the reworked Active Directory synchronization module. The synchronization process becomes more convenient and informative, and more tweaks can be made. As usual, before diving into details, we offer you the full list of changes and improvements:
- NewAbility to synchronize computers and users with a different domain.
- NewAuto-picking passwords for logging into the domain during AD sync.
- NewA window with preliminary results allowing to view and control the synchronization (when launching manually).
- NewSynchronization results are logged to a text file.
- NewAbility to schedule synchronization with AD.
- ImprovedAD synchronization algorithm.
- ImprovedSynchronization settings were optimized.
- ImprovedCorrect handling of renamed devices during synchronization.
- ImprovedDetection of the current and root domains at startup.
- ImprovedThe process of automatic synchronization at startup and on a schedule is invisible to the user.
- + Some other fixes and improvements.