02 Dec, 2014
Part 2: “Filters”.And we are continuing our series of tutorials. As we promised, today we’re going to describe the most popular filters and advise how to apply them best. All filters are located right under the “Software” and “Licenses” tabs and have the following form: While filters are not enabled, the main list will display all of the software from all scanned workstations. Use “Asset filter” to display a list of software on specific workstations. Select a device, several devices (make sure that the “Multiple selection” box is checked) or a group in the network tree to…
01 Dec, 2014
Usually, when someone visits the “Software accounting” tab for the first time, he just doesn’t know from where to start. Well, software and license accounting in networks has never been too easy. We decided to release a series of blog posts for those who have just begun to use this module or avoided using it for some reason. We are going to advise you from where to start and what kind of information may prove to be most useful.
Part 1: “Getting Started”.First, you need to pay attention to the menu in the upper left corner. This is where…
11 Nov, 2014
And here is the update we promised:…
- NewTelnet protocol support (scanning of network devices running BusyBox via Telnet).
- NewDetection of virtual machines running under KVM.
- NewNew currencies in the currency list.
- NewMS SQL Server 2014 detection support and 64-bit versions designation.
- NewNew fields for MS Windows and MS Office: product name, description, and license status.
- ImprovedComputers with multiple network interfaces are distinguished more correctly (to avoid duplication).
- ImprovedAll instant search fields support search by phrase (space-separated words are searched in any order and on any positions).
- ImprovedGUI improvements in the “Edit –
24 Oct, 2014
We haven’t been updating our Total Network Inventory 3 user manual for a long time, now it’s time to fix this. First of all, a new section dedicated to the professional version of TNI has been added. It describes how to operate the software and license management modules. The new section consists of four parts: Software asset management
14 Jul, 2014
Greetings! Today we roll out another significant update:
- NewVMware ESXi 5 and ESX/ESXi 4 scan support (via SSH).
- NewDetection of VMware virtual machines on Windows.
- NewNew types of physical devices (specific and generic hypervisors) and virtual machines.
- NewNo tags filter in Software accounting.
- ImprovedVisually redesigned user interface.
- ImprovedUpdated low-level hardware scan driver.
- ImprovedNew default settings for low-level hardware scan, for both maximum safety and accuracy of collected information.
ESX/ESXi supportWe were getting this question a lot, so we implemented the feature: meet the support for scanning of VMware ESX 4 and…
16 Jun, 2014
When you rescan an asset that has already been scanned in the past, you probably want to get the most up-to-date information. And you also want to see what exactly has changed. The latter used to be a rather tricky thing to do. But look!
- BIG FEATUREChange log.
How it worksA quick reminder: every time you scan an asset, TNI creates a new snapshot of it and puts it in your storage. In the View details tab you switch between snapshots using a date/time box next to the asset name:
In Options / Scanner you…