We’ve been working on new features, fixing bugs and polishing user experience for quite some time now. And we figured we’d release a fancy something at the end of the year.
- NewManufacturer names and MAC addresses are displayed during the network scan.
- ImprovedMany interface improvements.
- ImprovedThe online status monitor now updates dynamic IPs.
- ImprovedScan tasks are matched to assets considering MAC address (if available).
- ImprovedDestination folder cannot be changed for existing assets during rescan.
- Improved“Skip existing assets” option does not skip non-scanned assets anymore.
- FixedSome issues with detection of the license limitation exceeding.
- FixedIssues with erroneous merging of some assets.
- FixedSome errors in the Linux agent.
- And a few more tiny, pretty changes.
Manufacturer names in scanner tasks
This feature’s coolness is difficult to overestimate. You get this as soon as you type the range into Quick Add and expand it. All these devices were never scanned, but you can already tell which of them is a network device, a Mac or a virtual machine. Manufacturer name sure indicates a lot, doesn’t it?
Also check out the Scanner options page. From there you can change the way manufacturers and MAC-addresses are displayed.
Worth a note: the feature only works if ARP ping is enabled in Options (which is true by default) and only for targets from the current subnet.
Best wishes to you from the Softinventive Lab team. May you have an unforgettable holiday season!
We’ll meet again in the year 2012.