As you know, the development of Total Network Monitor was suspended back in 2010. Over the years, the software has received a lot of positive feedback from you, but it still contained some known bugs that kept reminding of themselves.
We hope you enjoy this news, because we’ve found time to breathe new life into the project.
Just look at this changelog, which is far from being exhaustive:
- BIG FEATUREAll program elements have been updated and modified: engine, UI, documentation.
- NewHTTP sensor: UTF-8 support added for page content check.
- NewHTTP sensor: Pages availability check via HTTPS.
- NewHTTP sensor: Web servers redirection support. Now the sensor redirects in the same way as Internet browsers do.
- NewFTP sensor: Ability to specify your own port number for an FTP server.
- NewProtection from entering a random server port number for the TCP sensor.
- NewAbility to add multiple addresses for the “send email” action.
- NewAbility to check file availability on a remote server.
- ImprovedICMP sensor mechanism. Now it has improved logic and allows you to specify timeout in milliseconds.
- ImprovedOverall stability of the application (several critical errors that caused application to crash fixed).
- FixedError caused by checking inaccessible files (e.g. pagefile.sys) for several FILE sensors (file existence, file size, file compare).
- FixedICMP sensor logic (if at least one packet has passed, the monitor will turn green).
- FixedWindows sensor: Event log error. Now the sensor check behaves correctly when a large number of events is added.
- FixedInterface error while changing (adding) an HTTP sensor.
- FixedThe ICMP sensor now works correctly with IP addresses ending with 0 or 255, if the subnet mask defines them as being valid.
- FixedCount number mismatch for monitors of a certain color (monitor list header).
- FixedIncorrect behavior of TNM notification balloons in system tray.
- FixedError when trying to launch TNI.
- FixedFile format mismatch error in Project Editor.
And that’s not all! The release version of TNM 2 shouldn’t take long. Now we offer you early access to the new version and a chance to take part in its beta testing.
Send us your feedback and bug reports so that we can make TNM even better. Everyone who actively participates in testing is guaranteed to receive a gift – a free license for the new version!
Another year, another SAAD! System administrators and all IT people, you are awesome, and we salute you!
And let this become a good tradition of ours: if you visit our Purchase page, you’ll find that the prices are lower than usual!
Offer ends on August 14th
TNI 3 Professional 25 nodes license
on July 31st, the SAAD’15!
Long time no see! From the side it might even seem that we lounged for the past 4 months. But of course not, in fact, everything was much more interesting. We paid a huge amount of time to optimize and improve the stability of Total Network Inventory. During these 4 months, we have released seven builds, and as you may have noticed, the latest version is already 3.1.6.
Let’s see what changes we’ve made during this time:
- NewChange log: ability to choose the history depth and select specific objects for log building (major speed-up).
- NewSoftware accounting: ability to enter custom license keys instead of automatically scanned keys.
- NewAbility to attach files to feedbacks sent from within the program (via open file dialog, drag-n-drop files from Explorer, drag-n-drop assets from network tree, attachment of special files: program settings and software database).
- NewSupport for fractional prices (custom fields, licenses, etc.) with up to 4 decimal digits.
- NewAbility to unassign users from assets in Edit – Users.
- NewCurrent user account and full name in the network tree display menu (requires a rescan).
- NewCurrent user information in table reports (requires a rescan).
- NewNumber of rows in report is displayed in Table reports.
- NewCollection of WiFi networks (WLANs) that the computer has ever connected to.
- NewCollection of currently available WiFi networks (WLANs) for Windows PCs.
- NewOption to enable/disable full SNMP scan.
- NewAutomatic download of unavailable MIB files imported by the files that you open.
- NewSoftware accounting: “With tags” filter.
- ImprovedIt’s now impossible to accidentally overwrite a custom field with different values for multiple assets (a confirmation is requested).
- ImprovedWindows agent supports Windows 2000 again.
- ImprovedOutput of assigned user and current user in General information.
- ImprovedSoftware tracking assistant now shows more distinguishable icons: green for must-have, red for forbidden, and blue for all.
- ImprovedChange log: DB servers and virtual machines are now tracked.
- ImprovedOUI database updated (manufacturers by MAC addresses).
- ImprovedSoftware accounting: handling of assigned licenses during software merging.
- ImprovedNegative conditions in table reports now work with multiline cells.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in SAM.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in scanning via SNMP.
- FixedUSB devices history on Windows 8.
- FixedStandard action Wake-on-LAN now works correctly (no support for waking of computers in other subnets yet).
- FixedIncorrect merging of Windows computers with VMware Workstation or Player installed.
- FixedIncorrect removal of tniwinagent.exe.
- FixedConditions on asset fields “Memory” and “HDD capacity” in table reports.
In addition, soon we are planning to reveal two other very interesting projects we’ve been working on.
The first one is well known – Total Network Monitor. The development of this program was suspended in 2010, but we finally decided to bring it back to life.
The second project has been in development for a long time and this is something new! It will be a surprise aimed to make your work easier and more enjoyable.
Soon we will fill you with more details and start the public beta testing of both these tools.
Hope you enjoy these news, stay tuned!