• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djohnd

djohnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

Is there any way that environment variables can be passed to the probe filters (e.g. in the message field)? I'm looking to set up a probe to check whether a workstation has the current vesion of AV signatures installed, a value which changes daily. While I can pass the current value to an environment variable, I don't seem to be able to use the variable in the message field (using the actual text for the DAT version works, but substituting it with the variable fails).

Also, is there any way of creating simple logical expressions for a probe, e.g if condition 1 OR condition 2 is met, change the probe status?

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Unfortunately it not possible to use neither environment variables, nor logical expressions.

What do you mean by "probe filter"? Do you ask about the registry probe? Do you mean the possibility to use local computer environment variables along with macroses (between percent signs) in the messages for actions?
Softinventive Lab support

#3 djohnd

djohnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

The thought was to be able to use the environemnt variables in the 'message' field for an event log probe, or the 'Line pattern' field of a file content probe to allow, for example, looking for the %computername% variable allowing a monitor to be copied to many PCs without needing to be manually edited for each different PC name. I wasn't thinking of using these variables in the action messages.

#4 djohnd

djohnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Another possible use would be in the registry state probe to read a registry value and compare it with a system variable. As an example, you could read the current date of the last Anti-Virus update, and compare it with todays date, to review the currency of virus protection on a PC and contribute to an overall 'Healthy' status of the PC.

#5 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

All right, now I understand your thought. Unfortunately there is no support for environment variables in all these fields at the moment, but this is a good idea, thank you - we will try to implement it.
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users