3 replies to this topic

#1 DVD4ALL

DVD4ALL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

Hello

How to I monitor remote Diskspace on a server? In the help file it is written to use the NetBIOS standard format - what does this mean? I tried \\servername\c$ or \\192.168.1.1\c$ and I always receive that the network path was not accepted by any network service provider? Even if I use the Authentication tab with username and password (which I can test with success) it does not work. Any ideas?

It would be helpful if the help file includs some samples ...

Mark

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Unfortunately screenshots showing examples on disk "C:\" are incorrect, and the description is a bit unspecific. The network name (or IP) is actually specified in the device properties, so you only need to enter the network resource name (shared folder name) into the "Volume" field. For example: "C$" (without inverted commas), or "admin$", or "Share". If you click on the refresh button to the right and then expand the drop-down list you will see available network shared resources of the currently selected computer.
The same with all other file probes - it is necessary to specify the path to the file starting with the network resource name, for example: "C$\pagefile.sys".
Softinventive Lab support

#3 ashum

ashum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Я так понимаю вопрос в другом: как с машины А посмотреть файл на машине Б, чтобы потом в зависимости от некоторых условий сделать что-то на машине А.
Т.е. например у меня есть сервер А, на котором нужно перегружать службу, когда попросит пользователь. На сервере Б есть общая папка, в которой пользователь создает файл, когда надо перегрузить службу. Как настроить монитор на машине А, чтобы он проверял файлы на машине Б?
Не работающие варианты:
\\111.111.111.111\c$\1.txt
\\server_B\c$\1.txt
server_B\1.txt

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:41 AM

Why offer various non-working variants if I have already specified the working variant? This is the only correct variant:
c$\1.txt
The network name and IP are already specified in the device properties, so the program makes the full network path like this:
\\ + [network name or IP (depending on static IP flag)] + \ + [the string specified in the file probe]
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users