3 replies to this topic

#1 tical03

tical03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem with sending email alerts on our LAN, I can't seem to figure it out.

I have setup a monitor to PING a PC on the LAN, and set the alert to send an email from myself to myself using our exchange server when the network connection is lost.

I have tried to detect automatically and have tried to set the SMTP server settings manually as well, to no avail.

Previously i had worked with TNM about a month ago and got the email alerts to work fine, but did not save the project and cannot remeber how i setup the SMTP settings. While looking again at TNM about a month later, I first updated the software to the latest version, and began a new project.

I am completely stumped on this. Any help would be appreciated as i would really like to use this program.

Please let me know if there is enough information here to begin troubleshooting.

Thanks,

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hello,

We need to know the error message that is returned in the action log right after this action fails.
Here is the link to the manual describing how to see the action log.
Open the log and make the action to work (for example stop and start the monitor, or click "Test" in the monitor action properties).

Softinventive Lab support

#3 tical03

tical03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

The error is "6/2/2010 10:29:46 AM Ping Failed @ Ping Test SMTP server wrong reply (GIN 250-X-LINK2STATE 250-XEXCH50 250 OK ). true"

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

It would be good to have a log of the SMTP session to see what is wrong exactly. You can use this small tool: download TrafficRedirect.exe

Run it and specify your email server's IP address in the "Remote host" field. Click "Start". Then switch to TNM and in Options - Email specify your local IP as the email server. Then stop and start the monitor to cause the action execution. You should see the SMTP session log in the memo field in this program. Select it all, copy and send to us. You can post it here or send by email to support@softinventive.com
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users