Alerts To Blackberry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_peezar_*

Guest_peezar_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

Hello...I am a prospective buyer of your software and so far, I really like your software. However, I'm having trouble figuring out a way to send alerts to my Blackberry without using email. The reason I want to do that is so that if my email server is down and I'm away from the office, I'd like to still get some kind of alert on my Blackberry.

I tried to configure a Jaber account but I can't seem to find a Blackberry Jaber client. Also, I'm not sure what settings I have to use. Is there some way I can get alerts on my Blackberry if my email server is down?

Thanks much.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

As an option, I would suggest using an alternative email account on an outside free email service, like GMail etc. Take note that some services (SMTP's) are not supported or supported partially. You can find additional information in the program's user manual: "Program usage - Options configuration - Email".

Concerning a jabber client, try googling "jabber client for blackberry", this returns quite a few results and discussions. Google Talk would be a perfect option (as it provides a free client for Blackberry), however currently sending messages to servers using SSL/TLS (which is the case with Google Talk) is not supported yet. So you would need to find another client which can connect to any jabber server, for example jabber.org.
As for the settings, in the program options you need to set the username (for example, username@jabber.org), port 5222 (by default) and connection host, if different from the domain part of the username.
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users