3 replies to this topic

#1 mrlee

mrlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

Hello,
If I'm right you'r actually working on a new version of total network monitoring, maybe I'm wrong, I just wanted to give you a suggestion that could save some people. I'm actually building a configuration for about 10 servers and each server need about 10 monitor for each space disk check, and each space disk check need 3 actions. This make about 300 actions only for disk space check ... and this is too much I think since I need to do others monitor on thoose servers.

So I just wanted to tell you that it could be fabulous if, on futur version, we could pre-create actions and just include them with "add existing action" or something like that.
Thanks for reading, (and for this software!)  this option could save a lot of life.

#2 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:19 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

In TNM 2 you can quickly copy the whole monitor with all its configured actions using the drag'n'drop mechanics. Just drag the monitor from one device to another in the tree on the left, and TNM will copy it right away.

#3 LuisRus

LuisRus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

Is there a way to export the configured actions btw, Alex?

#4 Armo

Armo

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

Hi, Luis.

Sorry for the delay.

If copying monitors is not sufficient, you can make use of the Project Editor (found in TNM's installation folder). It allows you to copy selected monitors and actions to multiple devices and monitors of your choice, respectively. Backing up your project is advisable before using it, as it has not been updated for the last release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users