• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gulie360

gulie360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:27 AM

ive made two events to send email , one sends a email when its red after 3 tries, one sends a green one when its green for 3 tries , problem is the green one is sending emails randomly, like i left it at 12 am , went to have lunch and at 13:10 it sent and email sending it was up and going, it didnt turn red or anything, also the time of each ping tries is 30secs 4 pings.

image 1 shows the green config

image 2 the red one.

i want it to show me a email when its disconnected (red) 

and i want it to show me green only when its up again(green) but only that time, when it goes form red to green

Edit 1# it just sent a red email when it was green. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.PNG
  • 2.PNG

#2 Armo

Armo

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:57 AM

Hello.

With these settings and the interval set to 30 seconds, you should get an email after about 90 seconds if the sensor keeps the same color.
We need to see a screenshot of the sensor's Activity diagram and the Executed actions log showing the period of time that you describe. You can find the log and the diagram in the bottom panel (click the icons to switch modes).

There may be a delay when receiving emails in your mailbox, so if you're testing these a lot, then you've probably just received a red email sent earlier.

#3 gulie360

gulie360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hello.

With these settings and the interval set to 30 seconds, you should get an email after about 90 seconds if the sensor keeps the same color.
We need to see a screenshot of the sensor's Activity diagram and the Executed actions log showing the period of time that you describe. You can find the log and the diagram in the bottom panel (click the icons to switch modes).

There may be a delay when receiving emails in your mailbox, so if you're testing these a lot, then you've probably just received a red email sent earlier.

my Software crashed and when i turned it on it deleted half of my configs so im now using the config from when i only had the red email, could you help me make a sensor that will email me when its down(red) and when it gets back up(green)? i want it to check a few times the red because sometimes it goes red for a few seconds because of the pings failing once or twice (normal) but the green emails are sent even without failing and i want them to be sent only after turning green from red.

I want to make a action that will send me an email when something goes down and when it comes back up send me another mail once, ive managed to make some sort of action of the sort , but it started sending red alerts when it was green and the green he was sending even after the sensor became red for a short secs

Edited by Armo, 13 December 2017 - 01:31 AM.
merged by moderator

#4 Armo

Armo

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

It's not possible to create logic chains in TNM to only send 'green' emails if the preceding email was 'red'. So if the 'green' stretch is interrupted even once by 'red' or 'black', it will send a new email after 3 new consecutive 'green' checks.
Do you know the reason why your ICMP sensor goes red for short periods? Perhaps there is a way to make its settings less sensitive (i.e. increase timeout).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users