Can't get Email Notices to work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 admlshake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

I'm trying this out and I set up my first service probe on a server.  When I go to configure the email alert I put in the address I want this to show it's coming from (which works on other monitoring tools we have), the recipient (is my email address for right now) and the subject.  I have it set to "Use from options" .  In the email options I have our SMTP server name (I tried it with the IP address as well) security: none.  When I go to my service probe and click on Test for the email action, i get a "Undefined user login" error.  I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.  This is pretty close to the same setup that we use for a number of other tools and they all work with out issue. I'm running this tool with my domain admin account, which doesn't have an email assigned to, the recipient address is my non domain normal user account.  Thats the only issue I can think of but I don't see how that would be causing this?

#2 Armo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

Since TNM 2.3.0, authorization on the server is mandatory despite the checkbox. This change was made to comply with the SMTP standards. You'll have to reconfigure your mail server.

#3 n.petzold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

We have the same problem here, internal mail server works without authentification, but TNM requires authorization, even if authentification is disabled. Other tools work without these requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users