Consecutive Down ICMP with Up alert

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djnumark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

I have taken a look around the forums and surprisingly I haven't been able to see a similar question. 

So, I understand the following for the "Down/Red" alert. > Which is working awesome.

Configure the alarm to activate only on "x" number of repeating alerts.

I would like to be able to have an UP/green alarm as well.

How can I set an alert/alarm to trigger so that if a device turns red for lets say 3 consecutive times > (Email fires) and then when it returns to green an email fires.

The closest I've been able to come is to get No email on red(because maybe it only failed 2 times), but always get an alert that the device is Green again.

Thanks much!

#2 Zak

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for getting our attention to this. Really, if you make one action for both Red and Green states with "3 times in a row" setting, it will fire red email after 3 fails, and then green email only after 3 successes (which is incorrect). In this case it is possible to create two different actions, one for Red state (with "3 times in a row") and one for Green state (with "1 time in a row"). But in this case green email will be fired each time the monitor goes once or twice to red (no red email fired) and back to green.

Currently there is no solution to this problem, as it would require either more sophisticated settings for a combined red-green action, or some kind of connection (dependency) between different actions. We will try to solve this problem somehow.

Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users