#1 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

Dear friends,

We are pleased to announce the beginning of beta testing of long-awaited TNM 2!

Splash.png

We have updated and modified all elements of the project: engine, UI, documentation.

Send us your feedback and bug reports so that we can make TNM even better. Everyone who actively participates in testing is guaranteed to receive a gift – a free license for the new version!

More details in our blog:

http://www.softinven...monitor-2-beta/

Good news, everyone! We have updated the TNM 2 beta on August 17.

The latest build is 2940. You can download it here.

Attention! We have released a new version of TNM 2 (build 2990 RC1) on September 16.

The test period has been extended for 30 days. You can download it here.

We’re looking forward to your feedback.

#2 boris

boris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Great news!

Thanks,

Boris

#3 Ken

Ken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

Glad to hear you've picked TNM back up again, it's great software and does things that apparently our very pricey SolarWinds software wont :)

One feature I'd like to see in the new version is proper service support, with the ability to have multiple users launch the interface while logged in to the same monitoring server. It would be even better if you support remote console capabilities (i.e. pointing the client to a master server).

#4 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

Glad to hear you've picked TNM back up again, it's great software and does things that apparently our very pricey SolarWinds software wont :)

One feature I'd like to see in the new version is proper service support, with the ability to have multiple users launch the interface while logged in to the same monitoring server. It would be even better if you support remote console capabilities (i.e. pointing the client to a master server).

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider adding this feature in the future. :)

#5 Admin35

Admin35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider adding this feature in the future. :)

Hello,

I am very pleased that the beta is available today.
However I have some developments to submit and if they could be included in the final version would be of great utility for all.

1-It is imperative that the "dossier" changes color if one of the devices turns red. If possible, it would take several icons available for this record as "an office building, factory, or other .."

2-Can you add a "wallpaper" option for the card. Very convenient to geotag different sites of a company.

3-should be as newspapers and activities follow the periphérique that one selection. This does not work since the map view.

Thank you to tell me if this is possible?

Thank you for your software.

I hope that it will remain completely free and it brings together a community around this great monitoring tool.

PS: Sorry for my writing because I am French ...

#6 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hello,

I am very pleased that the beta is available today.
However I have some developments to submit and if they could be included in the final version would be of great utility for all.

1-It is imperative that the "dossier" changes color if one of the devices turns red. If possible, it would take several icons available for this record as "an office building, factory, or other .."

2-Can you add a "wallpaper" option for the card. Very convenient to geotag different sites of a company.

3-should be as newspapers and activities follow the periphérique that one selection. This does not work since the map view.

Thank you to tell me if this is possible?

Thank you for your software.

I hope that it will remain completely free and it brings together a community around this great monitoring tool.

PS: Sorry for my writing because I am French ...

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback,

1,2) It’s not likely that these features will be added in the release version, but we will consider adding them in the future.

3) Since it’s not possible to select a monitor from the map view (you can only select a device or a group), only the All monitor’s log can be used in this view mode.

#7 benumberger

benumberger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

I saved my old project, installed 2 beta, the default monitors worked.  I then opened the old project and most (if not all) devices appeared, 1/2 were red, then "total Network Monitor has stopped working.

Did this several times with more than 1 version of the old projects.  Stuck.

FYI

#8 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

I saved my old project, installed 2 beta, the default monitors worked.  I then opened the old project and most (if not all) devices appeared, 1/2 were red, then "total Network Monitor has stopped working.

Did this several times with more than 1 version of the old projects.  Stuck.

FYI

Hello,

Since TNM 1.1.3 is not supported anymore, the correct import of projects that were created in this version may not be implemented in TNM 2. As you can see, the device type, the monitor settings and some other fields should be fixed manually after opening the old project file.

#9 benumberger

benumberger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Opening a 3.1 file, the whole project soon freezes up, I don't have time to manually edit the devices.  Is there a way to make it stop processing so that maybe it won't freeze?  I have tried to simply press stop

I have hundreds of entries, to start over would be quite a burden

Thanks

#10 droseberry

droseberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hello,

I have been using the software for a few years and I am happy that they are picking up the development again.  I was not aware that this was happening until I downloaded the software for a new site that I wanted to monitor.  One change that is hard to find is the "Options" area.  I am not a fan of just having the gear for the options, it should still be in the menu as well.  Other than moving things around a little and enhancing the colors and smoothing the edges, what is the new functionality?  A "what's new" section or document would be great.

I mentioned this a while ago, probably 4 year, but it would be nice to have a web interface that can connect to the application remotely, say if TNM sits on a server, from my desktop I would be able to go to it and it would have different views available for watching what's going on.  To be able to provide permission on certain folders for users so that they can monitor their own servers.  During the scan process, if you scan a subnet and have 100 servers on that subnet, you have to manually change each description to "Server", if you were able to pull more information from the servers during the scan, like an nmap scan and be able to flag certain parameters if the scan saw the OS it would set it as a server or workstation, with the ability to adjust if maybe there was an issue or if you wanted to categorize it as something else.

Thank you

#11 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:47 AM

Opening a 3.1 file, the whole project soon freezes up, I don't have time to manually edit the devices.  Is there a way to make it stop processing so that maybe it won't freeze?  I have tried to simply press stop

I have hundreds of entries, to start over would be quite a burden

Thanks

You can try to disable the option "Check all monitors on program startup" in "Options - General", this may help.

Softinventive Lab support

#12 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

Hello,

I have been using the software for a few years and I am happy that they are picking up the development again.  I was not aware that this was happening until I downloaded the software for a new site that I wanted to monitor.  One change that is hard to find is the "Options" area.  I am not a fan of just having the gear for the options, it should still be in the menu as well.  Other than moving things around a little and enhancing the colors and smoothing the edges, what is the new functionality?  A "what's new" section or document would be great.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually there is a "what's new" list in the blog post:

http://www.softinven...monitor-2-beta/

We have fixed a lot of bugs and non-working probes/sensors, and added a few missing abilities. Updating the UI is just a most visible thing.

I mentioned this a while ago, probably 4 year, but it would be nice to have a web interface that can connect to the application remotely, say if TNM sits on a server, from my desktop I would be able to go to it and it would have different views available for watching what's going on.  To be able to provide permission on certain folders for users so that they can monitor their own servers.  During the scan process, if you scan a subnet and have 100 servers on that subnet, you have to manually change each description to "Server", if you were able to pull more information from the servers during the scan, like an nmap scan and be able to flag certain parameters if the scan saw the OS it would set it as a server or workstation, with the ability to adjust if maybe there was an issue or if you wanted to categorize it as something else.

Thank you

We know that a web-interface is a highly requested feature, but it would require major changes in the program's architecture, so currently it's not possible. Of course, with web-interface it is possible to give different permissions to different users.
As for getting more information from the computers, it is possible that we will add such ability to TNM 2 later. For example, it is possible to get at least OS, location and description from the Active Directory. Getting even more information would require deeper scan, closer to what TNI does.

Softinventive Lab support

#13 mgbrake

mgbrake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

This is a pretty great tool.  The ###### overview was helpful.

Two annoyance reports -

When setting a monitor and selecting email, there are two checkboxes - one for autodetect and one for using the 'Options'.  That is not on any menu, only has the little gear icon in the upper right corner.  At least that was where expected, so I found it easily, just a little confusing there.

In options, I set the option for 'Minimize to tray'.  And that works great.  But I keep clicking the red x, which minimizes to tray on most other applications with this option.  There is a warning dialog then about saving project, but there is no 'cancel' option that I noticed, so adding that would prevent me from accidentally closing the program.

The run as service requires 'run as admin' to happen first - it will fail in most cases unless the user already knows this as that is not explained.

Thanks, this product is great!

#14 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

This is a pretty great tool.  The video overview was helpful.

Two annoyance reports -

When setting a monitor and selecting email, there are two checkboxes - one for autodetect and one for using the 'Options'.  That is not on any menu, only has the little gear icon in the upper right corner.  At least that was where expected, so I found it easily, just a little confusing there.

In options, I set the option for 'Minimize to tray'.  And that works great.  But I keep clicking the red x, which minimizes to tray on most other applications with this option.  There is a warning dialog then about saving project, but there is no 'cancel' option that I noticed, so adding that would prevent me from accidentally closing the program.

The run as service requires 'run as admin' to happen first - it will fail in most cases unless the user already knows this as that is not explained.

Thanks, this product is great!

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We’ll take your comments into consideration. Have a nice day!

#15 yabo

yabo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

I have two feedback items for the list.  One - global email settings for sender and recipient addresses, so when monitors are set up, the user can point to an email address(s) in settings, like can be done with SMTP. I now see this can be done in Project Editor Two - The ability to add text labels to the map view.

A truly effective, efficient, and straight-forward piece of software....I am glad you've continued to support and develop this fantastic product.

#16 Armo

Armo

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:24 AM

Thanks for the kind feedback.

We're planning to improve the map view in the future and we'll take your suggestion into account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users