7 replies to this topic

#1 herolex

herolex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hello,
If I'm right you'r actually working on a new version of total network monitoring, maybe I'm wrong, I just wanted to give you a suggestion that could save some people. I'm actually building a configuration for about 10 servers and each server need about 10 monitor for each space disk check, and each space disk check need 3 actions. This make about 300 actions only for disk space check ... and this is too much I think since I need to do others monitor on thoose servers.

So I just wanted to tell you that it could be fabulous if, on futur version, we could pre-create actions and just include them with "add existing action" or something like that.
Thanks for reading, (and for this software!)  this option could save a lot of life  :D.

#2 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. You can use Project Editor (Tools - Project Editor in the main menu) to copy monitors in the current version of TNM. This allows adding multiple monitors fast and easy.

#3 herolex

herolex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hello,
Thank for the information, but seems not working ... maybe  i did something wrong but  when i go to tools i only have "run total network inventory ctrl+i" and "run project editor ctrl+e". If I click on" run project editor" nothing hapen and it looks like I have no extra command or option to do on monitor.  :wacko: 

Anyway I did all the configuration needed but maybe I'll need to apply more monitors later so if I know how it works it would be nice.

#4 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

Please try running ProjectEditor.exe from the TNM installation folder. There you’ll need to open your project file, perform and save the changes.

After that, you can reopen the project file in TNM. Don’t save the current project to avoid overwriting the updated file.

#5 herolex

herolex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

It works when running from TNM installation folder !

But sorry didn't understand what you mean with this : 

Don’t save the current project to avoid overwriting the updated file.

Do you mean, when I did the copy of monitors on project editor I need to close it and then reopen the project with TNM then only I can save ?
(English is not my first language <_< )

#6 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

When you did the copy of monitors in Project Editor and saved the project, you need to close the editor and reopen the project in TNM. When you select “File-Open project” in TNM, it will ask you whether you want to save the current project or not. You should press “No” to avoid overwriting the file that you have modified in Project Editor. :)

#7 herolex

herolex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:49 AM

Ok thanks !
Sorry for spamming but I have another question, on another subject :
I want to make a monitor check log, I know how to do it, the only prob is that this is specific log. I mean there is one log per day, for exemple the name is stdout_20150318 (for 18/03/2015) and tomorrow will be stdout_20150319  ,and so i don't know which name I should put in File Name, cause it will change every day :'( please save me T-T

#8 herolex

herolex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

HTTP monitor seems not working too -.- so disapointed ... I'm pretty sure I did this like the "help" is saying I even tried some others possibilities :
2015-26-1435302274-screen1.png (http://www.noelshack...274-screen1.png)
2015-26-1435302469-screen2.png(http://www.noelshack...469-screen2.png)

2015-26-1435302471-screen3.png(http://www.noelshack...471-screen3.png)

But still monitor goes red when i just checked out the html code and the real page and I saw thoose words.
I tried with only the basic adresse like 'www.site.fr'. It goes green only with one word, even if add words that are present in html page ...
I really don't understand why, the word working is ISIMAN, if I add the word just after ISIMAN, of html page, on the monitor it goes red ...
(By the way on the monitor the options are : "countain" and "one of them" ==> French version ^^')

Thanks for reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users