3 replies to this topic

#1 amoutsioulis

amoutsioulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

Hi.

I have installed TNM on a windows server 2012 and I want to send e-mail notifications to a specific e-mail account when a monitor goes red. But it won't send it. I don't have any e-mail account configured on the server. But I have placed the e-mail settings on TNM options for the e-mail account.

On another computer that I have the particular e-mail account configured for sending and recieving e-mails in MS Outlook, it sends the e-mail alert when I configure it in TNM as the sender/recipient. All works normally there.

Why is this not happening on the server also? I have the same settings on the Options of TNM on the server as it is on the workstation that is running by the way windows 7.

I have to install MS Outlook on the server too and configure the e-mail account there so TNM can send the e-mail notifications or is there another solution for this to work?

Thank you very much and I'm waiting for your response.

ps. Sorry for bad English...

#2 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

Please let us know the email settings you use for this action and in Options-Email. Send us a screenshot if possible. Also let us know the result message displayed in the actions log.

#3 9swampy

9swampy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Sorry if you'd have preferred a new thread - but reopening this as I seem to have the same issue? I've installed and have a monitor set up to watch a service; which correctly goes red if I stop the service. I've added an email alert, which when I click the "Test" button on the actions dialog correctly sends an email alert. However, if I stop the service no alert gets sent.

ActionSettings.PNG

EmailOptions.PNG

This config works fine when...

EnabledActionAndTestButton.PNG

...I hit the test button when setting up the monitor - and the action is enabled.

ServerProperties.PNG

AllMonitorsLog.PNG

The event is fired correctly.

ExecutedActionsLog.PNG

I note there's suspiciously nothing logged here.

#4 9swampy

9swampy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

Ok perhaps I've worked out part of the problem - in the "Has development stopped thread" Alex mentioned that the "time(s) in a row" option actually means "after x time(s) in a row". Dropping this after my post to 1 and the alert started being sent. However; before looking in to this problem the service had been down almost 24 hours without any alert having been sent so there's something not right somewhere but atm I can't repeat the problem and am working so... thx for reading  :rolleyes: ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users