• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CthePrez

CthePrez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

I was wondering if there were any plans to support SSL/TLS connectivity for e-mail alerts.  If not, are there any plans to be able to send a message to a syslog server so that I can have it send me the alerts?  For now I'm having to write a script to occasionally run and parse the text log in order to send the text log to a syslog server, but it's clunky and ma-fan.  

Any hope of either of these features?  

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

Unfortunately the development of TNM has been suspended, so it's unlikely to see such new features in the near future. We may fix some bugs, but nothing more. However, to send emails via SMTP servers that require SSL/TLS, you can use the "Execute application" action together with some external command-line SMTP client with TLS support, for example, SendEmail.

For example, you can send emails via Gmail:
File name: C:\path\to\file\sendEmail.exe

Command line: -o tls=yes -f YourEmail@gmail.com -t RecipientEmail@domain.com -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu YourEmail@gmail.com -xp YOURPASSWORD -u "Alert" -m "Monitor %MONITOR_NAME% @ %DEVICE_NAME% [%IP_ADDRESS%:%PORT%] changed color to %MONITOR_COLOR%. Result: %RESULT% [%TIME_STAMP%]"

Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users