• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

I am attaching screenshots of the incident, but we are monitoring our time clocks for our employees with TNM. 

We didn't know one of the time clocks were down due to not getting a notification of a red monitor. 

Is there anyway to prevent this? I checked for the obvious things such as the alert being sent to the wrong account, and that's not what happened. It just did not send. It also looked like there was only one notification of a red monitor via the monitor log attached. However, it was offline for over 12 hrs without notice.

Maybe it is due to the fact that the monitor didn't time out. Error received was "Destination host is unreachable".

Any help would be appreciated. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-11-2014 8-15-49 AM.jpg
  • 3-11-2014 8-15-56 AM.jpg
  • 3-11-2014 8-16-04 AM.jpg
  • 3-11-2014 8-16-32 AM.jpg
  • 3-11-2014 8-16-45 AM.jpg
  • 3-5-2014 9-50-28 AM.jpg

#2 haroldrowe

haroldrowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

cdelabar, I think that host unreachable is a Black condition, not a Red one. I know that DNS not found is a Black condition (saying "I don't know if it's up or down"). You may want to add an action for Black as well as Red.

#3 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hmm, I think that's a good idea, but in the image and log it clearly states that it changed to red. 

You can see it on the last picture that I posted.

#4 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Any other ideas, guys? I just want to make sure TNM is reliable. I'm not really sure why this error upon action happened, but want to be able to prevent it next time.

#5 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

This incident happened again, yesterday. Again, I have made sure that it is a red event, and not a black event.I can provide a log for anyone who would like to review it. 

The log is writing, but the email action isn't happening.

I've tested recreating the action, and am still not receiving an email for it like all my other devices.

Just trying to get an answer why this one device is singled out on this 1 action, because its doing the logging fine from the other action.

#6 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

Anyone have any ideas on this situation? We still haven't found a solution for this problem.

#7 cdelabar

cdelabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Latest test failed as well. 

I had changed the action to send an email even if it fails 1 interval. 

I turned the device off and a log was created, but no email was sent. I have 90 other devices that work properly except this one.

No one has a clue to why this could be happening?

--CJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users