• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tcarra

tcarra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Thank you for TNM. Great tool... However, the Action "Write to event log" doesn't seem to be working. Is there some type of trick that I'm missing?

I have "Authorization" creds in the monitor.  I'm assuming the actions will use these creds to write to the Windows Event Log.  Right now there are no events being written.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
T

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

No, the credentials from the monitor are not used for the action. Usually the monitor is monitoring remote computer, and events are written to the Event Log on the local computer, so there is no sense in it. The program must have access rights to the specific event log it will write to. Try to run TNM as administrator (via right-click menu).

Softinventive Lab support

#3 tcarra

tcarra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

Thanks!  Running TNM as admin worked!  Can I ask for a feature request?  In the future, would it be possible to have an Action that would write out to the remote computer's event log?  This would be useful for recording and taking action on events that are reoccurring... like CPU spikes, Memory spikes, etc.

Thanks,
T

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Currently the development of TNM is suspended, but we will certainly consider your request during the future development. Thanks.

Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users