• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Getting the following error: Access Violation at address 0054E43B in module tnm.exe Read of address 00000008.

I just did a network scan organize all servers with the project editor. Reinstalled TNM and even tried it on a differte PC.

Any thoughts?

violation TNM.PNG

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately we cannot help with this issue. It works fine on some computers and doesn't work on others. Try on another computer that is not similar to the first one (not the same OS or setup, etc).

Softinventive Lab support

#3 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

What a shame. I really like this tool!

Is this error common in every build. I would like to try a previus version, but can not seem to find any..

#4 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Found out what the problem was. If you create a group with the project editor without placing a server in the group, the access violation occurs. 

In the XML the editor doesn't close the group </Group>.

Solution is to close the group manually in the XML or place a server in the newly created group with the project editor.

#5 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

We have checked and actually the problem was not in </Group> closing tag. TNM itself creates new empty groups without it (a self-closed tag without content: <Group ........ />). The problem is because Project Editor doesn't add attributes xpos and ypos (for example, xpos="0" ypos="0"). If you add them even to the self-closed tag (without closing tag </Group>), there will be no access violation. We will try to fix this problem soon.

Softinventive Lab support

#6 mauricev

mauricev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

I just ran into this same problem. The tag created is actually

<Group id="11" xpos="0" ypos="0" name="Web-sites" groupType="1"/>

There is a ypos and xpos as you can see. I tried Martijn's suggestion, but that resulted in an error and the program hung anyway. The bug is not related to either of these things. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users