• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rarroyo

rarroyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I thought of allowing customization when I noticed that TNI was not returning the correct version for IE 10.  Since I know which registry key version 10 was located it would have been really convenient for me to specify any registry key I wanted to be returned.

I also would like to know which firmware my Crucial 300 SSD has, but TNI does not return that either.  Since I know that FirmwareRevision can be returned via the Win32_DiskDrive object, it would be nice if I can specify any item from any WMI Class I wanted to be returned.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

We have already thought of such customizations as custom scan for registry keys and files (though not for WMI classes) too. We would like to add them in the future. Meanwhile we will add FirmwareRevision field for the disk drive objects. Thank you.

Softinventive Lab support

#3 Razorwire

Razorwire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:11 AM

We have already thought of such customizations as custom scan for registry keys and files (though not for WMI classes) too. We would like to add them in the future. Meanwhile we will add FirmwareRevision field for the disk drive objects. Thank you.

Was this ever implemented? I would like to read data from the windows 10 registry to populate a custom field created in a TNI report.

#4 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:18 AM

Hello,

>Was this ever implemented? I would like to read data from the windows 10 registry to populate a custom field created in a TNI report.

This request is still on our to-do list. We hope to implement it in the future.

#5 Razorwire

Razorwire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:13 AM

Your original reply was from 2013. Is this software still being updated if "We hope to implement it in the future." has been going on for over 6 years?

Do we have any way of updating the records in the database or do we need to hand jam every field with data that is already on the machine? Are you running a MYSQL database in the background we can modify and update?

Are the TNI files encrypted or can we modify them via a script before import?

#6 Alex

Alex

Support

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:58 AM

>Is this software still being updated if "We hope to implement it in the future." has been going on for over 6 years?
We are a small team. We implement new features based on the popularity of requests from our users. You can check the full changelog over the past years in TNI (Help - Check for updates). We've made many improvements so far. The feature that you are requesting will be added, but we still can't provide you with an estimate. We have strict development plans for the next 6 months.

Total Network Inventory operates a database of its own format. It's not possible to update or modify any data that is collected automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users