• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dougp23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

Just found TNM today...I'm impressed!

I did a network search and it found all my devices. But I was hoping it would at least Ping them and notify me when one went down. It appears I must add a monitor for EVERY device, is this correct? Is there no way to add just the ping test to a whole group of devices?

thank you!

#2 Zak

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Unfortunately TNM does not add any probes to the found devices and there is no way to add them to multiple devices at once. It's necessary to add them manually. However you can add the required probes to one device, save the project, open the Project Editor ("Tools - Run Project Editor") and use it to clone (copy) the probes from one device to all other devices. Then save the project in the editor and reopen it in TNM (without saving).
Softinventive Lab support

#3 gslonline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Zak - when I use this approach to clone an HTTP probe from device A to devices B, C & D, all the probes use the Request URL/IP Address from device A instead of the IP Addresses for each device B, C & D. Is there a way to get the cloning process to use the IP address of the target device?

Also, when copying both monitors and actions they are simply added to any existing monitors/actions for a device even if they are called the same as an existing monitor/action...can it be configured to replace an or all existing monitors/actions?

I've got about 70 web pages on port 8080 to monitor and am trying to find the quickest way of setting up all the monitors...any other suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users