TSD 1.1.0: Microsoft Office deployment
Greetings! We’re releasing the first major update for Total Software Deployment! Gradually, we’re improving our software and making your wishes a reality. The key feature introduced in today’s update is the ability to deploy Microsoft Office products. But first things first. Let’s have a look at the full list of changes:
- BIG FEATUREFor Silent deployment of Microsoft Office 2013/2016: support for Office installers that use the Click-to-Run technology.
- NewFor the Silent method: the option to set the installer timeout to kill the process during the deployment or test run if incorrect parameters were specified.
- NewFor the Macro method: fixed installer timeout for killing the process after the playback of all recorded actions.
- FixedErrors in deployment log entries and in the deployment history in various scenarios.
- Some other fixes and improvements.
Now Total Software Deployment can silently deploy recent versions of Microsoft Office that use the Click-to-Run technology. This technology — an alternative to the traditional method of installation/update using MSI files — is used by Microsoft since Office 2013. To deploy a package using the Click-to-Run technology, you’ll need to add the Click-to-Run setup.exe to the Software storage and attach the Office distribution folder after ticking the multi-file option. After, simply follow the instructions on the information panel.
We’re looking forward to your feedback. Thanks to you, TSD can become better and better!