Glad to welcome you again. It seems that summer has come to an end, but, despite the holiday season, our developer team has continued to delight you with compelling program updates! The key point of today’s update is the ability to customize partial synchronization of Active Directory with your TNI storage. This means that we have managed to achieve the objective set before us by Total Network Inventory users – one that turned out to be really interesting – and in the process many other elements were improved:
- BIG FEATURECustomizable synchronization with AD
- NewSynchronization of specific groups in the storage with specific OUs in Active Directory.
- NewAbility to specify a domain controller for AD synchronization.
- NewAD group membership is displayed for each AD account in Edit – Users.
- NewParent OU is retrieved for each asset and can be displayed in reports (requires AD sync).
- NewIcon of each group becomes animated when it’s being synced.
- New“Don’t move”, a new asset property that allows to keep assets in groups that don’t correspond to their OUs.
- NewOptions to skip empty OUs and disabled PCs during AD synchronization.
- ImprovedLogical disks on Windows PCs are now grouped by type in the Storage details category (tab Viewer & reports).
- ImprovedDialogs asking how to treat assets and users that were not found in AD during synchronization.
- ImprovedProcessing of long computer names from AD.
- FixedRetrieval of MS Office license keys in cases when both trial and permanent licenses are present.
- + Some other fixes and improvements.
From here on, in more details about the key feature.
The process of synchronization with Active Directory becomes truly configurable. Here you can see the new settings that will now be available for each group in your storage:
This gives you complete freedom of action! Synchronize the entire storage or only specific groups with specific OUs in the domain, or even synchronize only one group with the whole domain. In addition, it’s possible to skip synchronization of empty OUs and disabled PCs, and if you’re afraid that any of your PCs will be moved during AD sync, you can keep them from doing so. Now everything is possible in AD sync! And also, you don’t have to wonder whether the synchronization process has ended anymore. The icon of each synchronizing group will become animated for the duration . Isn’t this all you ever wanted?
Keep your requests coming, and we’ll be happy to bring them into existence. Do not miss our next post!
Hello again from the Total Network Inventory team! This time, we’d like to put another brick into building a firm relationship of trust with TNI users. So we’ve decided to conduct an experiment and let out clients themselves make a choice as to which features should be added first.
It’s simple: vote for whichever appeals to you the most, and we’ll do our best to implement your favorites as soon as possible.
We’ve shortlisted only the most requested features and created a poll. Please note that only one option can be selected.
If you think that an important feature is missing from the list, be sure to suggest it by writing a comment. Popular requests from the comment section will be added to the poll.
We hope you’ll find such an interactive format to your liking. Thank you for your attention and for your choice!
As you may have guessed from reading the title, today Total Software Deployment takes an important step in improving ease of use. Following dedicated efforts in cooperation with translators, we’re ready to unveil a new multi-language version of the program. After all, isn’t it much easier and more comfortable to use software in your own language? Here’s the list of newly added UI languages:
Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Russian.
In another wonderful news, our English documentation received many updates regarding recent new features.
- NewSix new languages.
- NewMajor documentation update.
- NewLinks from installer type descriptions for MS Office CtR, Batch File and Java Installer to relevant documentation sections.
- NewLinks from error messages in the Deployment log to recommendations for their solution.
- ImprovedSelecting nodes in the Software and Network trees.
- ImprovedOS name is now represented as an icon in the Deployment targets list.
- ImprovedStorage name instead of its folder name in the Network storage menu.
- ImprovedThe Deployment assistant no longer performs searches in installation dates in order to avoid displaying inaccurate search results when program version number partially matches the date.
- FixedError when creating the command file, which consequently made it impossible to load it.
- FixedFreezing when deploying to a computer where the user is not logged in.
- FixedUnaltered timeout values in Silent packages will now be updated after the default timeout setting is changed in Options.
- FixedRendering errors when editing search strings in the Deployment assistant.
- FixedMacro deployment of MSI installers will now be blocked when interactive services are disabled on the target computer. The MSI interface cannot be rendered in such an environment, and the installer is closed with an error.
- FixedSome errors that may impede re-deployment to a computer after deployment failure.
- FixedScroll errors on several controls.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
Until next time!