- New Portuguese locale.
- NewStatus bar indicators for scanned/failed/custom assets and license usage.
- NewNew Software installations report in Software accounting.
- NewNew storage assistants: OS architecture (requires rescan) and Asset kind (scanned, failed or custom).
- NewOption to switch between relative or absolute dates in reports.
- NewPossibility to use custom date format in reports.
- NewXen virtual type and fixes for Linuxes running under Xen.
- New64-bit scanner for Linux.
- NewOnline asset field in table reports.
- NewName field for keyboards and pointing devices in table reports.
- NewAdditional time zone details (DST details).
- ImprovedComputer description is updated automatically if not changed by user.
- Improved“New template” button in table reports moved to the top of sidebar.
- ImprovedAssets failed to scan are marked with a small error icon.
- FixedTime zone field in Operating system details (Windows).
- FixedExport of user-created date fields.
- FixedSSH scanners are searched for in the installation directory instead of current path.
- + minor fixes & improvements
Status bar indicators, new assistants & errors highlight
The network tree just got a little fancier and a little more convenient. Take a look at this screenshot here.
Date format options
Go to Options / General and you’ll find this in Format options section:
Unchecking Use relative dates will help you if you never ever want to see “Today” or “Monday” instead of the actual date.
And the second option speaks for itself allowing you to format your dates to your heart’s desire.
Software installations report
While the next version of our Software accounting tab is still WIP, the current one constantly needs some little tweaks and additions which we try to provide ASAP. A short time ago we discovered that Software accounting tab was actually missing the most basic and useful report. Now it’s in place.
This table features every installation of software items that you select. It can be easily searched, printed or exported to Excel for further processing.
And here is your download link! As always, more to come!
Another TNI 2 update is out. This time we’ve got some changes to our licensing scheme as well as additions and improvements to the software itself.
- NewNew licenses (750, 1000, 1500, 2000 nodes). All licenses can now be used worldwide and for MSPs. Nationwide and Worldwide licenses merged into one: Unlimited license.
- NewRetrieving Libraries/Internet Plug-Ins for MacOS X.
- NewNew custom device types: Phone and Fax.
- NewFree and Load fields for System memory are back.
- ImprovedXLSX export: minimized memory usage, cells are now typed (numbers, dates, etc), table is formatted (border, header, autofilter).
- ImprovedPinging and rescanning of domain member computers with dynamic IP addresses is now done by FQDN instead of short network name (fixed multiple domains issues).
- ImprovedMobile processors detection updated.
- ImprovedComputer description is updated unless it was changed by user.
- FixedErrors with zero IP addresses for offline assets.
- Also…Some minor fixes and improvements
New TNI licensing policy
We used to have a somewhat complex licensing scheme where licenses had geographical and usage restrictions. Now everything is as simple as it can be.
First, you have Limited licenses. The limitation concerns the number of nodes you can inventory (starting at the minimum of 25 nodes and going up to 2000 nodes). This does not include non-scanned and manually created assets: you can have as many of them as you need. And then, there’s an Unlimited license. It’s virtually the same, but (obviously enough) the number of allowed nodes is unlimited.
You can use any license to scan computers anywhere in the world. Besides, all licenses can now be used by MSP/ITSP (Managed Service Providers / IT Service Providers) to inventory computers of their clients. The only restriction is that the licenses can be used only by the person or the staff of the organisation that they are registered to.
Again, all licenses are now worldwide and can be used by MSPs. We hope this new licensing policy proves to be more simple and convenient for our dear customers.
Visit TNI 2 purchase page to learn about pricing.
Scanning MacOS X libraries
If you have any MacOS X assets in your storage, go ahead and rescan them after installing this update. You’ll discover a brand new category, the Libraries.
At the moment we only scan Internet Plugins group of libraries, as these turned out to be the most useful and demanded information. If you happen to need another library group scanned, don’t hesitate to tell us about it. Our development process is driven by the feedback we get from you!
Improved export to Excel
From now on after exporting a table report to Excel document you get a nicely formatted table with properly typed cells. This gives you the full power of Excel to play with.
Just in case you didn’t know: inside Excel, click on those gray arrows in table header to get access to some advanced sorting, filtering and searching options. Further, you may use conditional formatting and built-in functions of Excel to get the most vivid reports and summaries.
Let your tools cooperate!
And that was TNI 2.0.5 (1280) for you. Hope you like it!
Donald Grizzly out.
Donald Grizzly here with a new TNI update.
Spring has come!
Mother Nature wakes from her dream.
We? We never fell asleep in the first place!
- NewExport of table reports to XLSX format (Excel 2007 and newer).
- ImprovedRedesigned version history window.
- FixedSome issues with HTML export.
- FixedIn Software accounting: unlicensed installations were not included in total balance.
- FixedIn Software accounting: duplicate license keys appeared under certain conditions.
- FixedSome issues with custom fields.
- FixedExport of table reports with more than 10 columns.
- Some other minor fixes and improvements.
Export of tables to Excel
Go to Table reports tab, build a table and click Export » Export to XLSX file. For now, this feature is basic and rather simple, but it will soon get better and more sophisticated. Your feedback is, as always, highly appreciated.