We are pleased to announce that starting August 1, 2013 EBERTLANG becomes the exclusive distributor of Softinventive Lab products in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Since established in 1995, Wetzlar-based EBERTLANG Distribution GmbH has had its focus on the wholesale of Software for IT professionals. Today, the company is one of the leading value-added distributors in German-speaking Europe.
Besides classic sales activities and access to more than 6,500 IT professionals, focused especially on small and medium-sized businesses, EBERTLANG supports software producers in launching their products, the localization of Software and appropriate sales strategies and ensures a constantly growing brand awareness.
We are very excited about this cooperation!
Another year, another SAAD! System administrators and all IT people, you are awesome, and we salute you!
And let this become a good tradition of ours: if you visit our Purchase page, you’ll find that prices are lower than usual!
Offer ended on July 27th
25 nodes license
on July 26th, the SAAD’13!
Thanks everyone. SAAD is now behind us, but it was fun!
Hello! Donald here with a great TNI update for you. So many things to tell you about.
First, there’s this:
- BIG FEATURENew Nmap-powered network discovery and port scan engine
- NewIndication of open ports for each asset in the Scanner and in the network tree (with the help of new assistant).
- NewA screenshot of the web-interface is stored and displayed if a device with scan error has port 80 open.
- NewOS and device type detection for devices with scan errors.
- ImprovedOnline status detection reliability.
- ImprovedIP ranges and networks discovery speed.
Then, there’s also this:
- NewManufacturer by MAC-address in asset summary.
- NewStatic IPs are indicated with padlock icon in network tree.
- NewNew custom device types: print-server, tape drive, tape library, IP camera, iPhone, Windows phone, external disk, USB flash disk.
- NewNew fields in table reports: general asset type, scan protocol, scan method, scan time, agent version.
- NewQuotes can be used to limit search results in the network tree to exact matches
- ImprovedScanner statuses and errors reporting.
- ImprovedUpdated the “Manufacturer by MAC address” database.
- ImprovedIndications of Windows versions on the OS assistant made shorter and clearer.
- ImprovedPartial product key is exctracted if MAK or KMS key was used for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (full key is not stored on the computer).
- FixedWindows Server 2012 detection.
- FixedProduct key extraction algorithm for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- FixedOffice Starter 2010 detection support.
- MiscNew licensing policy for MSP clients.
- MiscTranslated the site and TNI trailer into several new languages.
And some of all these things demand explanation and colorful illustrations. No time to waste!
New network discovery engine
Nmap is a very powerful utility, and its name speaks for itself. Incorporating its functions into TNI results in greatly improved performance and reliability of network discovery and online status detection.
Just switch to the Scanner tab, type in an IP range and expand it. It will go BOOM with discovery results. And the red/green online status LEDs in the network tree will light up much faster.
But that’s just gradual improvement, how about something fresh? With this new engine we can do some really cool and useful things, so we didn’t hesitate to implement a few tasty features.
Open ports scanning
In Scanner, you now know which of commonly-used ports are open on all the nodes you added or discovered. Even before the scanning is finished. Let me just show you how it looks:
Most useful information! The great part is, you don’t lose it when you’re done with scanning. The list of ports is saved in the asset’s summary and can be viewed or included in a report. Even better, we now have a new network tree assistant that lets you see open ports on all network assets and even search or filter your devices by open ports!
A side-note for those who underestimate the power of network assistants in TNI 2: Don’t underestimate them! It’s a great tool that lets you find things in your network without resorting to any kind of reports. Things like “all online Windows machines that have SMTP port open” are a few clicks away at any time…
Now, where were we.
Know what wasn’t scanned
So, an asset refused to be scanned. It just doesn’t feel like being scanned. But hey, it has the 80th port open! If only we could benefit from it somehow… Ahh, yes.
It’s only a screenshot, but there’s plenty of stuff you can find out from it.
In the meantime, TNI already found out quite a few things. Like OS name and device type. We use magic to do it and it works great. And you also know which ports are open there, remember? So, it’s now much easier to fix the problem and complete the scan… or maybe you already know everything you wanted about this asset, anyway? ;)
So yeah! From now on, a scan can’t fail completely. You will always know something.
This is all I had to say about the new update. Download it and enjoy!
There is another important change I should mention, and it concerns the licensing of TNI 2 for our MSP clients. You can learn about the new policy and prices on this page.
And another thing.
Phew. That’s it. Till next post!