We’ve been working on new features, fixing bugs and polishing user experience for quite some time now. And we figured we’d release a fancy something at the end of the year.
- NewManufacturer names and MAC addresses are displayed during the network scan.
- ImprovedMany interface improvements.
- ImprovedThe online status monitor now updates dynamic IPs.
- ImprovedScan tasks are matched to assets considering MAC address (if available).
- ImprovedDestination folder cannot be changed for existing assets during rescan.
- Improved“Skip existing assets” option does not skip non-scanned assets anymore.
- FixedSome issues with detection of the license limitation exceeding.
- FixedIssues with erroneous merging of some assets.
- FixedSome errors in the Linux agent.
- And a few more tiny, pretty changes.
Manufacturer names in scanner tasks
This feature’s coolness is difficult to overestimate. You get this as soon as you type the range into Quick Add and expand it. All these devices were never scanned, but you can already tell which of them is a network device, a Mac or a virtual machine. Manufacturer name sure indicates a lot, doesn’t it?
Also check out the Scanner options page. From there you can change the way manufacturers and MAC-addresses are displayed.
Worth a note: the feature only works if ARP ping is enabled in Options (which is true by default) and only for targets from the current subnet.
Best wishes to you from the Softinventive Lab team. May you have an unforgettable holiday season!
We’ll meet again in the year 2012.
We’ve been fixing some performance and stability issues and analyzing bug-reports.
This one here is a minor update. Click here to download.
- NewMore data gathered from Linux assets: CPU fields, RAID disks.
- NewIP is updated when rescanning an asset with non-static IP.
- UpdatedFrench, German and Spanish locales.
- UpdatedLists of MS supply channels, Windows and Office service packs, mobile CPUs.
- FixedSometimes program hanged when being closed under Windows 7 and Server 2008.
- FixedSometimes pinging of assets stopped when changing the storage.
- FixedSome filtering issues in table reports.
- FixedCopying and exporting of filtered data in “Viewer & reports” mode.
- Overall stability improved.
Welcome (and hurry to download) the red-hot TNI update!
The update brings great new features, big and small.
Besides, it fixes a severe bug that was bugging some users for a long time… yeah, that’s what bugs do — they bug. But not this one, it’s done for.
- BIG FEATURETable report conditions.
- BIG FEATURECustom assets.
- NewIn table report constructor: ability to add hidden columns to the template.
- NewNew standard table templates: operating systems summary, detected Microsoft licenses, problematic Windows devices.
- NewStatic IP address field in table reports.
- NewNew paper formats: A3, A2, Legal, Ledger, Tabloid.
- NewVarious new assets types.
- NewIn the network tree: separate indication for visible and total assets,
“(M of N)”.
- NewIn the network tree: new node display options (OS, CPU, system models and manufacturers).
- NewLink to the most recent blog post about TNI in the main menu.
- NewLinks to blog posts on each update in version history.
- FixedSometimes program hanged under Windows 7/2008 after being closed.
- FixedSoftware accounting (export of copies and moving of software into groups).
- Fixed“Intel Pentium III” generic CPU name instead of incorrect Intel Xeon model.
- FixedAdding of operating systems to software list.
Get exactly what you need with Table conditions!
Table report conditions are released and at your service. This is some real power! Now you can put a constraint on the entity of a table report. Ever wanted to build a report like these?
- All software from Adobe installed in September;
- All running services with ‘Apple’ in their name found on computers whose IP matches ‘10.0.1.*’;
- All computers that have more than 2 GB of VRAM and a widescreen monitor;
It’s easy now, try it. There are two new standard templates to demonstrate the feature, but don’t be shy and build your own! Go to Table reports tab, click New template, add some fields and then click Add condition below!
Soon we’ll publish a dedicated blog post on table conditions to give your imagination a boost. And you won’t miss it thanks to this next gimmick.
Keep your eye on blog updates
Just glance at the upper-right corner of the window to see if there’s something new in our blog.
Rather important sub-feature of this notifier is that it can be disabled. If you don’t like it, go to Options / General and uncheck Show last blog post. After all, there’s RSS for that, right?
Add custom assets manually
From now on TNI 2 supports Custom assets. Click the Add custom device button above the network tree and set up the new asset real quick. Define it’s type, fill in the values of common fields, create some custom fields (or use a preset) and don’t forget to give it a name. The asset will appear marked with in the network tree.
The amount of work ahead of us is huge. New software accounting, custom categories in Viewer and reports tab, etc. Things will get better month after month!