Long time no see! From the side it might even seem that we lounged for the past 4 months. But of course not, in fact, everything was much more interesting. We paid a huge amount of time to optimize and improve the stability of Total Network Inventory. During these 4 months, we have released seven builds, and as you may have noticed, the latest version is already 3.1.6.
Let’s see what changes we’ve made during this time:
- NewChange log: ability to choose the history depth and select specific objects for log building (major speed-up).
- NewSoftware accounting: ability to enter custom license keys instead of automatically scanned keys.
- NewAbility to attach files to feedbacks sent from within the program (via open file dialog, drag-n-drop files from Explorer, drag-n-drop assets from network tree, attachment of special files: program settings and software database).
- NewSupport for fractional prices (custom fields, licenses, etc.) with up to 4 decimal digits.
- NewAbility to unassign users from assets in Edit – Users.
- NewCurrent user account and full name in the network tree display menu (requires a rescan).
- NewCurrent user information in table reports (requires a rescan).
- NewNumber of rows in report is displayed in Table reports.
- NewCollection of WiFi networks (WLANs) that the computer has ever connected to.
- NewCollection of currently available WiFi networks (WLANs) for Windows PCs.
- NewOption to enable/disable full SNMP scan.
- NewAutomatic download of unavailable MIB files imported by the files that you open.
- NewSoftware accounting: “With tags” filter.
- ImprovedIt’s now impossible to accidentally overwrite a custom field with different values for multiple assets (a confirmation is requested).
- ImprovedWindows agent supports Windows 2000 again.
- ImprovedOutput of assigned user and current user in General information.
- ImprovedSoftware tracking assistant now shows more distinguishable icons: green for must-have, red for forbidden, and blue for all.
- ImprovedChange log: DB servers and virtual machines are now tracked.
- ImprovedOUI database updated (manufacturers by MAC addresses).
- ImprovedSoftware accounting: handling of assigned licenses during software merging.
- ImprovedNegative conditions in table reports now work with multiline cells.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in SAM.
- FixedMultiple fixes and improvements in scanning via SNMP.
- FixedUSB devices history on Windows 8.
- FixedStandard action Wake-on-LAN now works correctly (no support for waking of computers in other subnets yet).
- FixedIncorrect merging of Windows computers with VMware Workstation or Player installed.
- FixedIncorrect removal of tniwinagent.exe.
- FixedConditions on asset fields “Memory” and “HDD capacity” in table reports.
In addition, soon we are planning to reveal two other very interesting projects we’ve been working on.
The first one is well known – Total Network Monitor. The development of this program was suspended in 2010, but we finally decided to bring it back to life.
The second project has been in development for a long time and this is something new! It will be a surprise aimed to make your work easier and more enjoyable.
Soon we will fill you with more details and start the public beta testing of both these tools.
Hope you enjoy these news, stay tuned!