• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abanerj1

abanerj1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

First of all, I would like to thank the TNM team for developing susch a great monitoring software....

I have setup TNM on my windows 7 machine and currently we are monitoring our remote servers through ICMP. The setting we have configured is that TNM will send RED alert when a device gets down and will send a Green alert when the device is back on the network and reachable.

So far everything is working fine but TNM sends green alert email periodically even when the device was not down. Not sure if this is due to the latency time or not. I would like to know if we can control these alerts and the Green alert should only be sent when the device is found to be reachable after a period of time.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Try to increase the option "N time(s) in a row" which can be found in the action properties. Set it, for example, to 5 instead of 1. This way the alert would be sent only after the monitor is being in the corresponding state (green or red) for the specified number of checks consecutively. So a red alert would be sent after 5 minutes of downtime (if you have 1 minute interval for checks) and so is the green alert (5 minutes of uptime, for example).
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users