1 reply to this topic

#1 Donavyn

Donavyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hello everyone.

I just setup Total Network Monitor today, and so far I love it. I have one issue though that I can't seem to figure it out yet.

When I attempt to setup a System Performance monitor, I attempt to fill in the area that asks for Authorization. I fill in the username and password of the admin account in the fields provided, and when I click on the movie clack board, I get the following message/error:

"No network provider accepted the given network path"

I then change the username field to look like:

\\<tcp-ip path>\<username>

..and leave the password field filled in with the appropriate password, I then get the following error message:

"The specified username is invalid"

The username is definitely on that system and is listed in the Admin group that is defined on that server.

I get this erro for Windows 2003 SBS server, as well as two Windows XP boxes acting as Apps servers.

Any ideas??

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

This is not the correct format for username: "\\<tcp-ip path>\<username>". Try "DOMAINNAME\Username". Also try disabling the firewall or allowing Remote Administration (and/or Windows Management Instrumentation) and File and Printer Sharing.
If that does not help, try googling for the error message you get (No network provider accepted the given network path), there should be some solution.
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users