3 replies to this topic

#1 Hemo2

Hemo2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Unless I'm missing it, I don't think it's possible to run a report on the version of Internet Explorer that is installed.

I wonder if this could be added as an available field to use in reports similarly to how the 'MS Office versions' was added? That way we could run a report including the specific versions of IE installed on computers.

I believe the version of IE is stored in the registry at the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" key and is stored in the string value named "Version", so of course the inventory scan of the registry would have to include scanning for this key/value.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

We already scan this registry value and this field can be found under "Software - OS information - Operating system - Internet Explorer version". Similarly it can be seen in on-screen reports in "Viewer & reports - Software - OS information".
Softinventive Lab support

#3 Hemo2

Hemo2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Zak. Sure enough, it's right there staring me in the face! (I feel pretty silly!)

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Don't forget to use the search box for the available fields in the report constructor window ;)
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users