Photo

What TCP/IP Port Monitors Actually Work?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BuLLet

BuLLet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hi,

I need to monitor windows servers, from 2003 to 2008 R2. I'm wondering which monitors actually work with these servers. I've gone through many of them and most will not. Can you please let us know which ones might actually work.

Thanks

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

If we're talking specifically about the TCP/IP monitor, there is a known bug which prevents it from working with any ports except those specified in the drop-down list (predefined ports). We are about to fix this bug soon. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 Houser

Houser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

Hello,

just found your great software and installed it. I am trying to observe TCP/IP ports and found the same bug in the TCP/IP monitor.
With this bug I cannot use your software.
Can you say something about a bug fix release and when it will be available?
Is there a workaround that will help me?

Thanks!

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:38 AM

Unfortunately there is no workaround for this. At the moment I'm not sure about when the update will be released.

#5 Houser

Houser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Come on guys! This bug was reported first in 2010 and you are not able to release a small update to fix this one?
I am a developer and to implement a correct TCP connect is not so difficult.
It is an important feature to check systems with TCP connects.
So please release an update! Thank you.

#6 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

We understand your concern, but currently all our human resources are occupied by our flagship software Total Network Inventory, and TNM development is suspended, unfortunately. So we will fix the bug and release an update as soon as the time permits.

#7 arto

arto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Hello
I have to say that this seems to be nice software. After couple of days I realised that it has a lot of bugs, which makes it almost useless for my purposes. After reading this discussion forum, I also realised that you are not going to do anything to fix these bugs.
I know it is free, but even then it makes me wonder if your other software is as buggy as this one. Please remove it from your website if you are not developping it anymore.

#8 Garyw

Garyw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

Do you have any ideas when 'as soon as time permits' will be? Are we talking 6 months, 12 months? Longer?

It's already been 18 months so a *rough* timescale would be nice. Even being told 'never' would be better than just waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users