• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 techie

techie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I just newly installed TNM on Win7 and setup email notification. when I tried to do the test, it failed and message log complaint: Send email - ICMP Fails @ ICMP Can not connect to 0.0.0.0:25. true
any idea? does TNM support Exchange Server 2003? the program is installed in Domain network environment.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

You should specify the server hostname or IP address explicitly in "File - Options - Email". The authorization can be disabled, if the Exchange Server recognizes your current user.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 techie

techie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:14 AM

Yes, I did specify the mail server IP and tried both enable & disable login authorization. it still showed the error sending.. see attached my configuration

You should specify the server hostname or IP address explicitly in "File - Options - Email". The authorization can be disabled, if the Exchange Server recognizes your current user.

Attached Thumbnails

• tnm_email_error.PNG
  • tnm_email_error1.PNG

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

I forgot to mention: in the Send email action properties window you should select "SMTP: Use from Options" (default is "Detect automatically", which uses the MX server querying by the email domain part).

#5 techie

techie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

Thank you, it's resolved. Here I have a couple more questions?

1. How do I set multiple recipients in Action send mail? by using ; or , to separate recipients?
2. I can select the same alert action on multiple items, but I have to manually to remove action for each item one at a time? any possible to have that handy feature?
3. Where to set monitor servers/devices by specifying TCP/UDP port only?

Thanks for your help...

I forgot to mention: in the Send email action properties window you should select "SMTP: Use from Options" (default is "Detect automatically", which uses the MX server querying by the email domain part).

#6 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

1. Unfortunately multiple email recipients are not supported. You can create several email actions for that or use email groups (if supported by server).

2. There is no support for user actions on multiple items at the moment, but it may be added in the future.

3. "TCP/IP" probe. UDP is not supported at the moment.

#7 techie

techie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

Do you support custom port monitoring?

1. Unfortunately multiple email recipients are not supported. You can create several email actions for that or use email groups (if supported by server).

2. There is no support for user actions on multiple items at the moment, but it may be added in the future.

3. "TCP/IP" probe. UDP is not supported at the moment.

#8 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

Yes, we do, but unfortunately there is a bug with monitoring binary protocol ports. We will release an update in a few days which will have this issue fixed.

#9 techie

techie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:39 AM

Thank you, please let me know if a new version release.

Yes, we do, but unfortunately there is a bug with monitoring binary protocol ports. We will release an update in a few days which will have this issue fixed.

#10 techiegator

techiegator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I just installed Total Network Monitor and having a very hard time getting the application to send me an email. I'm using a MS Exchange server and tried just about everything. My email server is working as I can send and receive emails. Even my NAS device can send out email notifications..

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!!

#11 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

What error message do you have in the action log?

#12 Link

Link

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hi,

What address I have to put in the field "sender" of Action-send mail Windows?

thank you

#13 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

What address I have to put in the field "sender" of Action-send mail Windows?

The address that this email would be sent "from". It can be the same as the recipient address. If you use SMTP authentication, it should correspond to the user account you specify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users