• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

It would be great if the monitors pane could be arranged into collapsable groups of either devices, or monitor types with the collapsed groups showing a green icon if all monitors are green, otherwise showing a red icon. This would make it easier to concentrate on the common monitors without having some off the bottom of the screen.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

Thank you for the idea, we will try to implement something like this in the future versions of the program.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 Nemezis

Nemezis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

It would be great to have a possibility to move scanned devices in the tree, from one group to another by drag and drop method.
It is very clumsy to add a new devices one at a time.

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Devices found by the Scan Wizard are added to the tree when you click "Finish", to the group that you specify in the wizard. Really, it's not possible to move the devices from one group to another in the program itself, but it is possible to do this with the Project Editor. Click "Tools - Run Project Editor" in the main menu, click "Project - Load project", select the necessary file and click OK, open the "Edit structure" tab, move devices with drag-n-drop as required, and click "Project - Save project". Close the editor and in TNM click "File - Open project", click "No" when it asks to save current project (otherwise you will overwrite your changes) and select the same project file.

#5 TSzSysOp

TSzSysOp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

Total Network Monitor sure does a lot, however, I'm kind of missing the ability for some serious graphical presentation (something like Microtik's The Dude would be sufficient).

The ability to be run as a service would be welcome.

Also, a restricted user mode would be nice (read-only).

#6 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:01 AM

Thank you for your suggestions, they will certainly be used in the development of the next versions of the program.

#7 fraew

fraew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

I've got a few suggestions:

Firstly I'd like the actual details of Event Logs to be sent through as an action (as I've previously discussed and performed manually using the PSLoglist application and a vbscript). Ideally this would be customizable to create a digest of recent errors / audit failures etc, plus the ability to filter out some errors etc.

Secondly some ability to be emailed the current status of TNM would be good, i.e. to see the status of each monitor with the possibility of showing uptime/downtime measures.

Lastly I'd like to see reporting on the performance monitors built in to TNM.

#8 djohnd

djohnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

Is there any way that the Tray icon can be used to indicate whetehr there are any 'red' monitors, e.g. by changing the colour of the tray icon?

#9 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Currently no, but this may be added in the future updates. Meanwhile there is a "Show tray message" alert that you can use.

#10 @ndres

@ndres

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hello Everyone!!! :)

First of all, I want to say that Total Network Monitor is a great piece of software!!! B)

I want/wish the following features:

1) Automatic Sorting (Asc/Desc) By (Device) Name
2) More details/fields in the Device Properties Window: Device/Type, Description, HostName, Brand, Family, Model, Serial Number, MAC Address, Location, Building (e.g.: Switch, Core Switch, Main Switch, Switch_1, 3Com, 5500SI, 3CR17250-91, AAAABBBCCCD, 00:CD:15:00:1C, 5th Floor, Main Facility)
3) Integration with MySQL/PostgreSQL for Stats

Thank very much!!! :D

#11 droseberry

droseberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hello, I concur with this being great software. I hope that it continues to be developed and stay free. Some things that I would like to see with my limited experience so far would be:

1. A read-only web interface that ties in with LDAP. So project managers and IT personell can all log in and view the status of their servers. With each subfolder created, be able to set permissions on who is allowed to view what servers, so that each project or division of the company can only see their servers.

2. Auto-generation of logs for particular groups of servers. Be able to set up daily, weekly, monthly, annual reports that could be generated automatically and sent via email to whomever would like the report.

3. Set up a process that pulls additional information about the server or workstation and saves it to an information tab about that particular device.

Thank you for this product, IT professionals appreciate your efforts and I will recommend to colleagues.

#12 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

@ndres, droseberry,

Thank you for your ideas, we will consider them during further development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users