3 replies to this topic

#1 smoody

smoody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

Great tool. Thanks for making it free!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the "Send email" action to work. I can send a test from the actions dialog just fine, but this is what I get when it tries to generate a live alert:

4/29/2010 1:57:11 PM
Send email [1] @ System performance RAM
SMTP server wrong reply (451 4.7.0 Timeout waiting for client input ). true

The Send email action is set to "Use from Options", and I am able to send email via a telnet connection from the machine that TNM is installed on.

The email server I'm using is Exchange 2007. I can't figure out why the test emails work but the live ones do not. Any ideas?

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately we have discovered a bottleneck in the "Send email" action which is caused by small buffer size. The problem is that the length of the email message body should not exceed 255 bytes (including the fields "From", "To" and "Subject"). So if you get such type of error ("SMTP server wrong reply" and then something about client input timeout) you need to shorten the message text of this email alert and try again.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 jkoons

jkoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Is there any plan to expand the buffer size? I need to be able to send a more descriptive alert to the team via email and this limitation is holding us back.

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yes, but currently the development of TNM is suspended. As soon as we have the possibility to fix the bugs, we will do it and release an update.

Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users