• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rpmahone

rpmahone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

no matter what combination i try, i can seem to get the gmail smtp server to work with alerts.. the message is not in my spam folder, or anything like that. are there any other smtp servers out there that i can use? or has anyone else had any luck setting up the gmail smtp server? could you send me that info? i saw the section under the online manual and still couldnt get it to work... thanks for your help in advance!

-RPM-

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

Please read this section carefully: http://docs.softinve...r/Options#Email
Sending emails via SMTP to smtp.gmail.com is not supported, because they only use TLS which we don't support.
The workaround provided there is not guaranteed to work. Use the "Test" button in the list of actions to make test sending and immediately check the result in the action log.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 rpmahone

rpmahone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Please read this section carefully: http://docs.softinve...r/Options#Email
Sending emails via SMTP to smtp.gmail.com is not supported, because they only use TLS which we don't support.
The workaround provided there is not guaranteed to work. Use the "Test" button in the list of actions to make test sending and immediately check the result in the action log.

I did look at that section, do you know of any servers that i can use for SMTP if gmail doesn't "really" work..

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

AuthSMTP.com supports AUTH LOGIN method that we use, but it's not free. You can also try some foreign services like mail.ru which have not moved to TLS yet, or your provider's mail.
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users