3 replies to this topic

#1 BertV

BertV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

Hello,

We just bought total network monitor, and we have a few requests for future releases:

Central email configuration : from and to , with possibility to differ per detail, if nessescary

Status is now : if green or red, we request the options from green to red and vice versa, now when the monitor starts we receive mail for every item monitored.

kind regards,

Bert Voskamp

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Thank you very much, we will take your notes into account.
Softinventive Lab support

#3 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

Bert,
It has been a while, but I have an update. In the present version of TNM it is possible to specify the condition of green and red colors for all WINDOWS and FILE probes. Also, all actions (for example, email alerts) have the settings on when to execute them (when monitor becomes of specified color). And moreover, each action has a setting "On startup". If it is unchecked (disabled), the action will not be executed and email will not be sent (event if the condition is met) the first time after the program's launch.
Softinventive Lab support

#4 BrandishingIntelligence

BrandishingIntelligence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

The "On Statup" option only works if you leave "time(s) in a row" set to 1. I had tried to set an Up notification that would let us know when a device returned to service, but wanted the monitor to go green 5 times in a row before sending the Up notification. When "time(s) in a row" is set to five the alerts would be sent shortly after the application was launched. After setting the "time(s) in a row" back to the default of one I could launch the application without a flurry of Up notifications coming in a few minutes later.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if the structure could be edited/modified from within the monitoring app, but each time I make a change in the editor and then re-open the monitoring app my collegues get blasted with notifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users