3 replies to this topic

#1 JLedoux

JLedoux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

Good day,

I was wondering which firewall ports need to be opened on the remote machine to allow the System Performance Monitor probe.

I recently changed the Authorization user account password for the probe on one machine, and when I clicked on the "Press to check" button, I get the message "No network provider accepted the given network path." If I turn off Windows Firewall on the remote machine it start working again. I know the password is correct because it works on other machines.

Thank you.

#2 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

We have added a FAQ entry for this question:
http://docs.softinve.../FAQ#section_11
Softinventive Lab support

#3 JLedoux

JLedoux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi Zak,

Thank you for the link to the FAQ. I'm trying to monitor the CPU load on a Windows XP machine and have used the "netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable" command, but when the monitor runs I get the error "Could not connect to server (0x800706BA)".

I have Windows firewall enabled with the "File and Printer Sharing" and "Remote Assistance" exceptions checked. When I disable the firewall, the monitor works fine. But, I need to have the firewall enabled on this machine at all times. What am I missing here?

Thank you again for the assistance.

#4 Zak

Zak

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

The Windows XP firewall does not have a specific exception required for this to work (unlike Windows 7). Please refer to Microsoft documentation on another way to enable this exception (via Local Computer Policy): http://msdn.microsof...6(v=vs.85).aspx (see "To configure Connection 1", "Allow for remote administration on Computer B").
Softinventive Lab support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users